twenty four

ALLURA AND JAMES SCREAMED IN pain, the sound coming distorted because of the black thing in their mouths. Their wrists were being tugged down and their bodies were shaking.

But they were used to it. Used to the punishment that came with the slightest amount of disobedience.

The electricity stopped flowing through their brains, the agents undoing their restraints and repeating their trigger words, the soldiers complying immediately. Alexander Pierce walked into the room, a victorious smirk in his lips.

"Perfect." He said, his gaze going to Allura as he grabbed her arm, his hand going to her waist. "Can I take the asset?"

The strawberry blonde understood his intention, twisting his arm and flipping him with ease. The agents grabbed her immediately, the soldier not fighting her handlers since she knew it would only make matters worse.

"No. Our asset is not one of your prostitutes." The superior said, walking in. He instructed the agents to take them, Alexander rolling his eyes and following the Alien's slim body with his dark eyes.

"If you insist."

The man smirked, handing the superior another file with a smirk.

"Other targets." Agents grabbed the papers, reading thought them with a satisfied smile. They exchanged nods as they looked at their prepared assets. "Captain America and Black widow are no match for your assets. And it seems quite fitting."

"Indeed. But who is Gravity?"

"HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ABOUT respecting your elders?" A boy asked Rumlow, his eyebrows raised as he watched Captain America being dragged around the place.

Steve chuckled, patting his friend on the back and making him follow to the mystery destination. "Then we should probably bow to you." The other man went without hesitation, knowing the direction they were heading towards.

"Why are we going to Pierce's office?" He asked, Rumlow rolling his eyes and opening the door for them.

"Captain Rogers." A blonde greets, Steve only looking at her coldly. The girl sighed, nodding at the other boy.

"Neighbor." Steve replied, Sharon walking out.

"Ah, Captain. I'm Alexander Pierce." The old man greeted, the man next to Steve crossing his arms in indignation to not being greeted.

"Sir, it's an honor." They shook hands.

"The honor is mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come on in." The old man grabbed a picture from his desk, showing it to the blond. "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met. When I was at State Department in Bogota. ELN rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was deputy chief for the SHIELD station there. And he comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, No, we'll negotiate. Turned out the ELN didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement, and what did they find? They find it empty. Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil. He saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter." Alexander explained, the boy accompanying the captain yawning in boredom.

"Can we get to the point?" Steve chuckled at his friend's eagerness.

"If you wish." Alexander said annoyed. "Captain, why was Nick in your apartment last night?"

"I don't know."

"You know it was bugged?"

"I did, because Nick told me."