twelve

ALLURA AND JAMES' BACKS WERE touching, the alien throwing a punch to the woman in front of her and kicking her off the building, James punching a man with his metal arm while protecting the weapon HYDRA had sent them to get.

        The organization wanted their first mission to be with a conscious. Their plan was for them to understand what they'd be needed for, so that when they took their memories, they'd be even stronger.

        Allura had overheard a conversation some guards had about the machine that would enslave them, wasting no time and telling James about it. Ever since, they were both walking on glass, just waiting for their lives to be taken without their consent or approval.

        The assets jumped on the buildings with skill, Bucky struggling to see with the mask he was forced to wear while Allura had a clear vision with the black mask that was put on her face —only covering around her eyes, in hopes that the red limbal ring on her piercing green eyes would be intimidating to victims.

        They entered the van, the agents removing their suits and replacing them with white shirts and black cargo pants that didn't have the straps for weapons. They sat them down, chains in their wrists as they decided it was finally time.

        The superior received them in the building, the assets being sent to their cells while they prepared everything for the procedure.

        "You think it's time?" Bucky asked Allura, the strawberry blonde nodding as she looked at the golden bracelet on her wrist underneath the oxygen ones. She sighed, Bucky grabbing her chin and making him look at her.

        "Hey, we'll get through it, Allura." He reassured, his blue eyes soft as they looked at the girl in front of him, his eyes getting watery in fear at the idea of what was about to happen. Allura chuckled, wiping the tear that was falling from his cheek.

        "We will, earthling." She told him, both of them just staring each other longingly as they hoped it wouldn't be the last time. James eyes went to her lips, Allura noticing and making them tug up, a small smile beginning to form on them.

        He didn't know why. He had been with Allura in that cell for so long, the two having conversations and moments of relief with one another. But only when he had her so close and was minutes away from forgetting her, he felt the extreme urge to just hold her in his arms.

        They began getting closer to each other, their faces inches apart as their breaths became irregular and eager. But the door barged open, guards holding them by the arms and pulling them all the way through the building.

         They reached one room and saw two weird looking chairs. They were made of leather and looked technologically advanced, with square shaped pads on top of them and metal cuffs by the arms and feet.

        The agents set them on the chairs, both of them screaming and trying to get out of their grips as they were cuffed on the device. Allura's green eyes found Bucky, to see him already looking at her with a caring look in his eyes, closing them and nodding at her. 

        They removed Allura's bracelets and headband, inserting a tube with oxygen with a needle in one of the main veins to completely neutralize her healing, before placing a thing in her mouth that didn't allow her to close it completely.

        Her heart was beating fast at not knowing what to expect, her hands still trying to get out as her head turned to Bucky and then the scientists, anticipation filling her along with terror.

       "Mamma, is that him?" A barely one thousand year old strawberry blonde asked, her height being nothing compared to her mother's as she tried to look at the small baby she was carrying in her arms.