21

I heard Rukia moved to the repentance cell. If I was correct it was 14 day until her execution. I signed walking through the streets of the Seireitei. I felt a mass of spiritual energy and I looked up to see some kind of sphere. I watched as it tried to break through the barriers. And it began to.

"for it to break through the Sekkiseki stone barrier there must be unthinkable spiritual pressure. Considering it repels it." Sora spoke.

I nodded and watched. Something felt oddly familiar with the sphere. I continued to watch as it broke through. I saw the sphere break into multiple parts and went in different directions. My brows slightly frowned. Why were the idiots breaking into the Seireitei in such an obvious manner. What was their purpose to put themselves in such danger?

Perhaps they have something to do with the walls coming down around the Seireitei and the guard being defeated. But the captain of squad 3 delt with them.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the alarm going off announcing the intruders and putting us on high alert. I signed and began patrolling the area.

I watched as many groups of soul reapers running around. However, I felt ikkaku's spiritual pressure spike. I began heading in his direction. As I did I felt his spiritual pressure drop. My eyes widened. I went quicker.

When I got to the area I heard talking. I froze in my places hearing a familiar voice. I jumped on a roof to see an intruder walking away. But I was frozen in place. Shock ran through my body seeing him. I felt tears sting my eyes.

Ichigo Kurosaki. My brother. He was an intruder. He was gone and I was still in shock. But I was snapped out of it hearing Ikkaku groan. I jumped down next to him and he looked at me.

I kneeled beside him and placed my shaky hand on his chest. He met my gaze and I saw worry come to his face.

"Aki," he said.

I watched a tear fall on his face. I brought my hand to my face to feel tears.

"aki whats wrong?" ikkaku asked.

I forced a smile to come to my face as I helped Ikkaku up.

"now is no time to worry about me. Let's get you to squad four for treatment." I said.

I picked him up and began taking him to squad four. Once he was treated I sat by him. I found myself looking into space. I felt his hand on my arm and I turned to look at him.

"you've bee out if it since you came to me. What happened?" he asked.

I forced a smile on my face as I shook.

"it's fine. Don't worry about me. Just focus on healing." I said.

We heard footsteps and I turned to see the captain of squad 12 and his lieutenant. I got an uneasy feeling in my gut. What was he doing here? I stood up standing in front of Ikkaku having every intention of defending him.

Captain Kurotsuchi began asking questions.

"captain Kurotsuchi it isn't right to question Ikkaku right now. So please-" I was cut off.

he slapped me but I didn't feel any impact instead I saw cuts on the captain's hands.

"Akiko it's fine," Ikkaku said.

Ikkaku began explaining to Mayuri what happened. Well not really. Ikkaku said he didn't know anything. Mayuri didn't buy it and went to punish Ikkaku but I stepped in-between them planning on taking the hit. But instead, a hand grabbed Mayuri's wrist.

It was Kenpachi. Mayuri soon left and Kenpachi looked at me.

"so you need a woman's protection now eh ikkaku?" Kenpachi said.

I huffed.

"Hey, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm incapable of protecting people," I mumbled.

He laughed and I soon left the two. I looked up at the sky and sighed. Brother what are you doing here. Why do you feel like a soul reaper? What happened after I left you.