11

I looked down inside if I should ask shunsui-sama this. He smiled waiting for what I was asking him.

"Never mind. I don't wish to bother you." I said backing out.

I began to walk away however he was in front of me. I sighed. I should have never come here.

"What did you want Akiko-chan?" He asked with a bit of authority.

"Nothing really. It's not important." I said getting nervous.

He smiled and I immediately knew he was planning something. My gut fell.

"I didn't take you to refuse to answer a captains question. I thought Byakuya would have taught her better. This is a serious act of insubordination." He said with a cheeky smirk.

I stood there shocked. I crossed my arms and turned away with a huff.

"You're mean shunsui-sama. Fine, I give in. I was going to ask if you could tell me to get some painting supplies." I said pouting.

I heard him laugh as he ruffled my hair.

"I'll get them for you. I'll send them to your squad." He said.

"No really I can buy them myself I just don't know where to get them from," I said slightly panicking.

He chuckled and gave me a warm Smile.

"Consider it an apology for using the captain card. Now run along. I would hate for Byakuya to get mad at both of us if you're late." shunsui-sama said with a nudge.

I sighed and left. I soon returned to the squad. I was going to go see if the captain ended anything when my path was blocked. I sighed. It was her again. I gave a gentle smile.

"Is there something you need?" I asked kindly.

She drew her Zampato. I went slightly tense. If she actually attacked I had to defend myself. She was about to attack but stopped when a voice rang out. Byakuya soon showed up.

"Akiko meet me in my office. I have something to discuss with you." He said.

"I'll be right there captain Kuchiki," I said with a small bow.

He left and a hand connected with my face the second he was gone. That woman slapped me. She soon left and I sighed. I felt my Zampato slightly pulse. I placed y hand on the hilt.

"Calm down. We'll be the bigger person. If she feels so small about herself she needs to put others down to bring herself up that that's kinda sad don't you think." I said hoping to calm Sora down.

I made my way into Byakuya's office and the tense atmosphere came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks.

"You wished to see me captain Kuchiki," I said bowing.

"In the world of the living, there has been a group of hollows sticking to one place. You have been assigned to go there and clear them out." Byakuya explained.

I nodded.

"You will go for about a week. Take out as many as you can. You'll leave immediately. The gate has been set up." Renji continues.

"Okay. I'll leave immediately." I said bowing.

"Aki. Be careful." Renji said.

I turned and gave him a warm smile.

"Of course," I said and let the office.

As I walked I heard footsteps and I turned to see Byakuya. I quickly bowed.

"Remember what I taught you. Don't disappoint me." He said.

"I wouldn't dream of it," I said leaving.

~~~~

Byakuya watched her leave. He was worried. This was her first time fighting a hollow and going to the world of the living. And she was doing it alone. But he had to trust in her. If she came back alive he would be filing that paperwork.