Chapter 7 | Meet and Greets?

Start from the beginning

"I'm Lara" She stuttered.

I smiled again, and pulled her into a hug.

I could feel her shaking as I pulled away.

She nervously held out her Vidcon badge to me and Joel, as well as a small pink notebook with a gold butterfly on the front.

I signed it before passing it all to Joel.

"I love your pets, Meri and Buddy" she adds, fiddling with the small necklace around her neck.

"Ah thank you!" I say, angling my body slightly,  so I'm not facing Joel, "Do you have any pets?"

She nods, breaking out of her nervous facade, "I have a cat, dog, hamster and fish, and my brother is getting a bearded dragon"

My eyes widen, "a bearded dragon! That's cool!"

Lara nods eagerly.

"What are their names" I ask curiously.

"The dragon is going to be called Gary" she rolls her eyes slightly at her brothers name choice, and I laugh, "my hamster is called sniffles, my fish are sushi and mango, my dog is called sunny and my cat is called Nala"

Joel is now finished and is listening to our conversation, before handing her back the notebook.

"Sushi! I like that name" I say thoughtfully, looking at Joel.

Lara smiles from ear to ear.

"You know what" I say thoughtfully, "we had a neighbour, and they had a cat called Nala, and buddy loved her, he would go outside and wait for her on the fence, meowing until she came outside, but then Nala moved away"

"Poor buddy" Lara pouted.

"What breed is your cat?" I ask.

"A Birman" She replies.

I see the organiser mouthing to wrap it up, "it was lovely meeting you!"

I pull her into a hug, and Joel hugs her as well.

We take the picture, then we take a selfie.

She thanks us again before walking away.

When the next fan comes up, I spot her talking to her brother again, the shaking returning, with a massive grin on her face.

As soon as we are finished, we look around the booths, stopping at JaidenAnimations booth and buying some merchandise, James' booth and Joeys booth, buying merchandise at all of them.

After a while, I'm adorned with more Ari pins than I can handle, and my lanyard is significantly heavier.

Joel is talking to some fans, and I join in the conversation.

The girl I met earlier, Lara joins them, giving one a hug, before realising we're there.

She does the shaking thing again, and I bit my lip.

I almost feel uncomfortable that people feel so nervous around us, we're just people, like anyone else.

But I hold back my deification, and smile.

"Are you going to join Cutecraft?" Lara asks, recovering her composure.

"I'm all servered out" I laugh, "but I'm doing some of my own series with Joel"

"Will you bring factions back?" Lara adds, a wide smile on her face.

Wow, I never thought of that! "Maybe!" I say thoughtfully.

The idea genuinely hadn't crossed my mind as a serious thought.

"They've added new servers" Lara says excitedly, "I'm playing them with my friend"

I nod, maybe i will bring factions back.

A few of the girls spy someone behind us, and one of them grabs Lara, who shoots us an apologetic look at their bluntness as they pull her away.

I laugh, she seemed really sweet.

***
What do you guys think about me being in the chapter 😂
I was a little on the fence about it because it felt weird adding myself into it, but I'm currently trying to mass write chapters and I didn't have time to think up a more creative way of incorporating what Lizzie told me but I wanted to include it because it's genuinely what she said, apart from the factions, I asked her and she just said maybe, obviously not as bluntly as that but we briefly talked about it. But the whole things about Meri and Buddy etc and the being all servered out was all true, it was mostly word for word.

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

- Feather In The Wind 💫