Yin

Yin P.O.V

   I walked along the empty corridor, not another person in sight. The silence was welcoming, the dark colours brought a sense of peace to my mind. My hands were behind my back in my usual walking manner. My long black dress dragged behind me, covering me to my neck but not the shoulders. Black silk gloves covered my arms to my elbows. My hair was up in a tight bun. My eyes stared straight ahead, closer to the faint, far off sound of pitiful screams of the devils being punished. As I got closer the screams grew louder.

   At the end of the hallway I saw a figure, and as he got closer I recognised the tall strong frame of my older brother. His pitch black hair contrasted with his pale skin, and his bright red eyes shone brightly. A thin grin covered his face. His extra large wings tucked in behind him, making him look more threatening and his antler like horns pointing upwards.

   He strolled casually towards me, a slight skip in his step. He slowed at me and as we passed he turned slightly to look at me and he stopped moving.

   "Sister," he said in his deep velvet voice. "Have you come to join the fun?"

   "Aamon," I stopped and turned my body to face his. "I have simply come to see who it is being tortured."

   "Oh, it is so pleasant to watch," Aamon laughed and turned, walking away from me.

   I continued on my way, the screams stopping for a second before they rose in pitch and volume. My pace was steady and strong, and I quickly turned the corner before opening the door to Torture Chamber 5C, one of the many ones in the palace, the only one at that point which was in use. I didn't hesitate before opening the door, stepping in, and closing the door behind me.

   The regular black hooded figures standing around the devil on the ground, cowering away from the five of them. I recognised one of the figures as Apep Anonim, one of my guards when i was younger. I took a step towards him.

   "Apep," I said to get his attention. He turned his head to look at me, though none of his face was visible. "Who is this, and what are his crimes and sentence?"

   "Lady Yin," he did a short bow. "This is Crazon Jinle. His crime is is trying to sneak into the palace, he has been sentenced to five hours of light medium mind torture."

   "Thank you, Apep," I nodded at him and turned to leave the room.

   "Lady Yin!" The voice was new to me.

   I turned around and saw only one of the hooded people looking at me, the rest focused on Crazon.

   "Yes?" I asked.

   "Another one, a few doors down, has been sentenced to five day, harsh punishment. He went to the human realm, met a demon."

   "Why would you tell me this?" I asked her.

   I felt her stare through the cloth over her face. I turned again, leaving the room.