Twenty Eight- Disconnected

Start from the beginning

My eyes peeled open, dried tears still crusted onto my eye lashes and cheeks.

I looked around, noticing I was no longer in the forest I fell asleep in, but a new place.

It looked like a small cabin. The room wasn't very big and was very simple. There was only a bed and a dresser. Across from the bed was a door, which I could see a bathroom sink in.

I peeled the blanket back to see I was in a new outfit. I wore a plain black t shirt and what looked like jogger pants. Who changed me?

I got out of the bed, swinging my legs over the side and landing on my feet with a light thump.

My suspicion of the place being a cabin was confirmed when all I walked out to was a living room and a kitchen. The living room only had a small red couch and a matching red reclining chair.

The kitchen wasn't too small. It had plenty of cupboards and an island, which is where I found the person I has suspected to have changed me and brought me here: Zor.

He stood quietly leaning against the island, looking out a window to his right. He wore simple clothes, a gray t shirt and a pair of dark jeans. As soon as I walked out his head picked up and his eyes flashed with pity and sadness for me.

"Hey," I said walking over to the opposite side of the island.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" he asked, his purple eyes full of concern.

"I must've slept okay, I don't think I woke up in the night," I said with a small smile. He simply chuckled and walked over, standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Well, we have to get some food in you. Baby has to eat," he said.

I stopped and began to chew the inside of my mouth. I didn't want to go out. I didn't want to be seen at all by anyone except Zor. "Um... Can I stay here?" I asked shyly.

"Of course," he said nodding at me. "Anything you're hungry for?"

"Hm... Meat," I said with a shrug. He smiled and nodded before exiting the cabin, leaving me alone with my haunting thoughts.

It didn't take long for Zor to come back. He walked back into the cabin with a basket full of food. Meats and strange fruits and vegetables, and something that looked like bread. I couldn't help but smile at all the food.

Zor cooked up some meat in the small kitchen, keeping conversation with me as he cooked. Once he finished, he set the foot on two plates and we began to eat and continued our talking.

When our food was finished and everything was clean, we went to the small couch, sitting opposite of each other.

He told me stories and tales from the world we were in now. Some scary, some funny and others romantic or adventurous. He was quite the tale teller. I also told stories from Earth, especially the ones that my mother used to tell that always taught a life lesson.

After a while, his eyes seemed to become concerned and he paused our tale telling.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused at what he was thinking.

"They're looking for you," he said.

"Will they find us here?" I asked. I wasn't ready to face anyone just yet. To my relief he shook his head.

"No. I told them I checked here, but you were nowhere to be found. I also said you ran away from me last night and managed to hide and get away. Wouldn't want them suspecting anything," he said with a wink, which took me by surprise.

I sighed and nodded, once again being taunted by the memories of last night. The pain. The mark leaving my skin. His mark leaving my skin.

"Hey, it's okay. I told you I'd keep you safe, your child too," Zor said and all I could do was nod.