"Hi Adam, can we have a word.... In private?"

Vivienne came out of nowhere. I felt how Adam's hold in my hand tightened and his jaw clenched.

"As a matter of fact I have nothing to talk to you Vivienne, but if you insist, you very well can do so right now in front of my wife, we don't have any private matters to discuss ."

"Are you seriously in a relationship with her, I mean look at her, he's not your type Adam, she's too pale and too simple, you are used to more refined voluptuous women."

She was right tho, every woman I've seen that had a past with Adam were nothing like me, what is Adam seeing in me?

"Like you." Adam questioned, trying not to laugh.

"Uhum." Vivienne replied.

He couldn't take it, his laughter filled the entire lobby.

"Don't be a fool, you have already done that enough by telling my wife that you and I have a relationship when you very well know that's not true, not to mention certain paternity claims, are you even in your right mind, lying about something that you know can be proven with a simple DNA test, you are crazy."

"Adam you're hurting me, please stop."

"And you are hurting my marriage, stay away from me, I thought we could be friends but just realized not even that is possible."

Adam was fuming with rage, I was afraid I've had those murderous glares directed to me in multiple occasions and is not fun.

"Do you believe him." Vivienne talked to me, I was speechless and no reply left from my mouth, she continued her rant now towards me.

"I've been where you are and trust me it all ends at some point, look at me know, he used me and left me and the same will happen to you, you are just his new toy, I pity you."

Tears started to form in my eyes, a part of my believed her and anther was trying to walk me away from it.

"You get near my wife again and I'll sue you for defamation of character, I'm not playing Vivienne, don't be stupid enough to get yourself on my bad side, you're going to regret it and you know it."

Adam walked me out of the hotel almost holding me, I had given my heart to a man that I didn't know could give me his on the same terms, I was terrified. He helped me sit, closed my door and went around to take the seat behind the wheel. We headed to the airport in total silence, Adam's hold of the stirring wheel was very thigh, as I noticed his  turned white, his eyes looked intensely at the road ahead.

Once inside the airplane he tried to establish some conversation.

"I'm so sorry about that, Emma ."

I was too lost in my own thoughts to say something.

"Emma please talk to me."

"I don't know what to tell you."

"Emma please, don't believe her, I do have a past with her, but like I said it was a year ago and we remained friends after that, I really don't know where this is coming from, you have to trust me."