Jason

This chapter is dedicated to: Thegrlulook_for
Thank you for you kind words, I hope you continue loving this story 💐

EMMA'S POV

Why is Adam doing this to me? does he know how much this situation confuses me?

I can't deny the fact that I like him, I mean I can't deny that at this point. Is very obvious for both of us that once he touches me I loose myself, I can't think, I can't move, I can't put my common sense to work I just follow him, his touch and his intoxicating aroma. The fact that I don't know if he feels the same bothers me so much. What if he knows the effect he's having on me and is just using it to mess me even more.

I finally get up from my bed, is almost 9 am and I've never been in bed this late.

I took the longest shower and got dressed on pair of skinny jeans, a white blouse, a cardigan, and over sized scarf and some low boots.

I came into the kitchen and found my cup of warm coffee waiting for me on the kitchen counter.

Gotta love Martha.

I sat on the patio enjoying the beautiful morning sipping in my coffee. After all, this life is way more calmed than the life I had before. My cellphone ringing took me out of my thoughts, it was an unknown number.

"Hello"

"H...hi ....Emma, is that you?"

"Yes, this is she, who's this?"

"Emma, is me Jason" Fear invaded my body, my hands started to shake.

"J.... Jason..."

"Listen ...I'm sorry, I know I've been horrible to you, please don't hate me"

"Why are you calling me?"

"First I wanted to apologize and second, to ask for your help."

"What do you need?"

"I need money, the landlord gave me until tomorrow to pay the rent, if I don't pay I'll be living the streets, I'm your brother, your only brother Emma, you can't abandon me like this."

"I don't have money, I'm sorry."

"Please Emma, please I don't have a place to stay, help me only this time. I'm working on getting a job, as soon as I do I'll be back up on my feet and wont ask you for anything else."

"Jason, the last time I saw y... you.. you slapped me on the face for no reason, I don't think is a good idea for me to go back home."

"I know and I'm sorry, I promise you I've changed, please give me a chance I need you sister."

"Fine, but promise me you won't put your hands on me this time."

"I give you my word sister."

"OK, I'll be there in one hour."

I hang up with a feeling that this was a terrible idea, but what can I do? Jason is my brother, no matter what he does he's my blood. What would dad say if he knows that Jason needed me and I refused to help.

Deep down I know Jason's behavior is a result of mom leaving us, he was so little. He probably can't remember her face, I do because I was older. I think about her every day and I know he does too.

After my coffee was finished I walked into the kitchen, rinsed my cup and informed Martha that I was leaving and will be back in about one hour. I saw file with papers inside on the dining table and asked Martha abut them.

"Mr. McRoberts wanted to take them to work this morning for a meeting and ended up forgetting and leaving them by mistake."

"Oh no... You know what, I'll take them to him since I'm going out anyways."

"OK, Mrs. Emma, I'll inform the driver to be ready to take you."

"No need, I can go by myself, I'm used to it."

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent, I've always taken care of myself, and not because I'm now married to Mr. McRoberts will be any different."

I took the buss and arrived at the apartment a while after, I kept a copy of the keys with me so I used it to open the door. Walking inside I realized that this place hasn't been cleaned in a while, probably since I left. I walked a little further inside and placed Adam's file on the kitchen counter, making a mental note to not forget to grab it when leaving.

I picked up some shirts from the floor and didn't bother to fold them because by the smellA I could tell they were dirty, so I put them on the couch. A noise behind me made me turn and in that second I knew coming here was a vey bad idea that I will soon regret.  I saw Jason looking like a mess, he was drunk for sure, I wanted to get this over with to leave as soon as possible.

Handed the cash to Jason. He grabbed it, put it inside his apocket and turned to me with that evil smirk that frightened me so much.

" Where have you been?"

"Jason you asked for help and I helped you, please don't ask me any questions. I need to go now, please be safe and I really hope to see you doing better." I walked to the door and just when my hand touched the door handle a force pulled me by my hair form behind, making me scream in pain and surprise.

I fell on the floor and like may times Jason stated beating me. This time was not like the others, this time he was more violent if that even possible. I was very aware since the moment I left this apartment that if Jason finds me he will kill me. Then why did I come back to this hell? I should've known better, this was all a trap Jason set for me and I fell for it like an idiot.

"You're such a dum bitch, you really believed me, you deserve this for being stupid and for running away from me."

He is kicking me while I'm still on the floor, I can feel the unpleasant taste of blood in my mouth. The pain running through my body gets worse by each second. I'm crying and begging my brother to stop but he just laughs, he's enjoying this.

My body started to feel numb now the pain is fading, I'm starting to see everything in a blur, my eyes want to shut down, i know I can't keep them open for too long.

My eyes finally gave up, I see only black around me.

I need to rest, I need light, I need peace. I can't continue with this, I'm mentally and physically tired. God please take me.

End of this chapter
Please VOTE and COMENT, your feedback means a lot ❤️