Chapter 28- Waking Up

Waking Up

Daniel

The last thing I remember is looking at Lily bloody and crying beside the tree and she was holding her stomach. She is pregnant and oh my god I am going to be a dad. That was the only thing I could think of at the time and the reason why I'm not awake now.

I have been thinking a lot about Lily being pregnant. Mostly why didn't she tell me? I was hurt and pissed at first but now not so much since I have been trying to think of her reasons. Some of them were- 1. I was a dick for way too long because I was leaving her out of our life together. We are Luna and Alpha not Alpha and his unknown mate. 2. The war was happening and she didn't want to have me worrying about anything else and if thats the case she is right. There was no way in hell I was going to let her go out and fight if she was pregnant and hell if she ask me I would have stayed back with her. 3. Another conclusion is that she didn't tell me because she was scared but it's hard to imagine my Lily scared.

Those were the only things I could think of but until I ask Lily I won't know for sure. So my next step is waking up but I don't know how. Yeah, yeah, it's easy just open your eyes but I feel like I need to break down barriers to wake up. Lily has been helping me with that though because I can tell when she is in the room with me. Just because I'm in a coma doesn't mean I can't feel when she lays next to me or smell her scent or hear her hum a sweet lullaby. I can tell she isn't in the room now but I can hear people talking or more like arguing. With all my strength I listened to the fighting and tried to focus on what was being said, hoping that if I focus enough I can break through a barrier. I tried to pry my eyes open and after a few minutes I did. At first all I saw for a minute was white until I looked at the end of my bed to find my idiot brother and Missy.

"No I just finished my shift, why?" Missy told Caleb blandly. Her voice seemed dull and it would be hard to miss the dark bags around her eyes from what I can only guess is lack of sleep.

Caleb's head jerked toward the door. "Suppers ready so go get some." he commanded kinda rudely.

"You're lucky I have respect otherwise I would slap you right now for telling me what to do." she snapped. Wait why does Caleb disserve respect? I know for sure Missy or any of the others have never shown him respect before. He must be blackmailing them.

Missy stormed off out the room leaving Caleb laughing. What have I missed?

"Who the hell put you in charge?" I asked but my voice came out as a croak. Caleb still heard it and as soon as he looked at me he face went into shock.

"You're awake?" he said in disbelief. His eyes looking a little scared. How long

I rolled my eyes and I was about to say something like 'no moron I'm still asleep that's why I'm talking to you' but I didn't waste a breathe. "Where's Lily?" I croaked again.

"She's busy but I can go and get her." he said walking toward the door.

"Wait." He stopped and turned around to look at me confused. I nodded to the chair next to my bed. Before he sat down, Caleb handed a glass of water to me. I reached for it but as soon as I got a grip on the glass it slipped from my hands. My arm feels like lead, it's a mixture of heaviness, weakness and tiredness. So basically it just sucks. I tried reaching for the glass again but Caleb just pushed my hand away. I let out a groan of frustration and sucked up my pride. "This will never get discussed again or you will be in a coma next time. Understand?"

He nodded. "Of course." He lifted the glass to my mouth and I took a drink. Caleb never met my eyes the whole while I drank and I knew he didn't want to see his alpha as weak. Once Caleb placed the glass back on the counter and sat down, I started rattling the questions that flowed into my mind. "Ok first question, how long was I out?"