Chapter 17- It's A Deal

Lily

Today's the day. The day I see Jay again. It's felt like years since I left him and my old pack behind but it's only been a few weeks. This is way too soon. I was hoping for him not to find me for quite some time but luck has never been in my favor. My nervous are on an all time high because I know whatever Jay is going to ask for, it will be big and it will hurt. It has to be big if you are trading 2 peoples lives and not just that but 2 people who are important to me and my pack.

Daniel told me he will be in his office for most of night so I shouldn't wait up for him. As soon as he said that I felt a huge cloak of relief being lifted off me. I'm just glad he's distracted because I had no idea how I was going to sneak away from him without him suspecting something or following me. The rest of the family is finishing up supper and getting ready for a late night training session Mikey and Ash are holding that I didn't feel like attending.

I convinced Lana I wasn't hungry and trust me it wasn't that hard because my stomach is filled with butterflies. So now I'm sitting down on the balcony with my feet between the bars dangling them over the edge waiting. Even though Jay didn't say a time I knew it was going to be later because of how far he is traveling. Right now the sun is just to the top of the tree line.

I stand up and look into the house. Lana is washing dishes with her head down in concentration. 'Lana, I'm going for a walk.'

She looks up from her work and meets my eyes. Lana nodded with her almost grey hair and gave me a smile. 'Have fun deary. Be safe.'

Oh, I'll be safe. I pulled myself up and propped my butt on the ledge of the balcony. 'Always am.' And with that I fell back off the ledge and did a backflip in the air and suck the landing of course. I love being a werewolf!

3...2...1

"Lily!" Lana screamed as she busted through the doors.

"Hush Lana. He'll hear you." I called up to her.

Her gray brown hair fell around her as she looked down at me. She did a quick inspection of me than scowled. "I'd worry more of what I might do to you. Lily you almost gave me a heart attack."

I laughed at her. Wow this is actually the first time I laughed for real since Rosie and Sarah were taken. I gave her a shrug, "Sorry Lana."

"You're not sorry. You and Caleb as so much alike."

My smile dropped into open shock. "No we are not." I protested.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She muttered as she walked back into the house.

Looking 1 more time toward the setting sun I turned my back to it as I started jogging east in the direction of my old pack. As I got close to the tree line I started stripping down and only tied my jean shorts and blue sleeveless shirt to my leg and left the rest behind and bush. I decided to make a run for it and I jumped on 2 legs and shifting into my wolf in mid air so I landed perfectly on my paws. Kicking up the soft dirt I took off toward the clearing.

It took me a little more than a half an hour to reach the edge of my packs border and all I can say is I'm once again happy I'm a wolf. The only other animal that could have helped me now is a mountain goat and they're not very scary are they? I forgot that Daniel's -no wait- my pack is buried in a valley in the Rockies. I suppose it's nice but it's a hell of a time to get from place to place. With time I will adjust to my new home and I can get through here with ease but until then I will just have to make do. I shifted in the trees before I stepped into the clearing.

Jay isn't here yet which I'm not surprised so I sat down in the soft grass and let my eyes drop. I can feel the sun beating against me and I let my mind relax. Using my energy I let my senses find him like that day I found Daniel and Marcus in Daniel's office. Jay isn't as close to my heart as those 2 but he is still apart of my world. I can feel he is only a short distance away from me.