Chapter 26- Excuse Me?

Lily 

    The walk to the pack meeting was eerily quiet. Like ghost town quiet. I know everyone who can attend the meeting will be there and they are all waiting for me to lead the meeting since Daniel is.... unavailable. The rest are either laying in a hospital bed or taking care of those laying in a hospital bed.

     I walked down the small path that lead to the backyard of the pack house where almost all meetings are held since it’s large enough to hold the pack. As I walked I noticed the sky is still overcast and getting darker due to the setting sun, fitting the mood perfectly.

    I turned the corner of the houses and to say the least I was surprised at what I saw. There in front of the whole pack was Ash leading the meeting without me. Not only was he leading in front of the pack but all of the remaining people of my old pack were there too. They would be staying here until further notice which reminds me, I need to address that situation.

    As Ash stands there I notice he is clean cut, clean shaved and he has a determined look on his face. If he had any injuries they were not noticeable on him. There were big lights pointed toward the deck where Ash was and dimmer lights facing the pack just barely missing me. Still I took a few steps back so the light couldn’t reach me. I flipped the hood of the sweatshirt over my face to hide me since I decided to stick at the back of the pack and watch where this goes.

    “Hello everyone.” Ash announced. Everyone mumbled their greetings. “I know it is late and everyone is tired but I decided to call this meeting to update everyone on where we stand as a pack.” He decided to call a meeting?

    I looked back at the stage and saw the rest of the family sitting in the background sullenly looking at Ash. They all looked sad and guilty. I’m assuming sad because of Daniel but guilty because they know I should be here leading but no one was jumping out of their seats in protest. One person caught my eye but that was because he was staring right at me in shock. Caleb was looking at me with crazy wide eyes that looked like he had been caught by his principal beating some kid up. I shook my head no at him. ‘Look away Caleb, please.’

    He looked away but kept on talking to me. ‘Why are you not up here?’

    ‘Because Ash is being very bad and I want to catch him in the act.’

    ‘I should have said something to stop him from starting but I figured he would command me not to talk.’ Caleb rattled defensively.

    ‘It’s fine.’

    ‘Are you ok Lils?’ He asked worried.

    ‘Why wouldn’t I?’ I sighed.

    ‘Well....Daniel...?’ he  said shyly.

    ‘Daniel will be fine in a few days.’ I informed him.

    ‘Are you-’

    ‘I’m fine. Now hush and let me watch.’ Caleb bowed his head in a small matter that no one noticed.