Chapter 24- Just Getting Started

Sara

Something was different about today. Don't ask me how I know but I could feel it when I woke up. I also know something was up with Rosie too. She has been walking around the room aimlessly all morning off in her own little world. "You want to talk about it?"

She snapped out of her daze and looked at me. "Huh?"

"Do you want to talk about it?" I repeated.

"Talk about what?" she asked dumbfounded.

"Whatever is troubling you."

She jumped on the bed next to me and laid back and looked up at the ceiling. "We are getting out of here today."

"How would you know? Not to be rude but we have been here for over a month." Sure it sucks but at least we are feed and treated well. I miss Ash like crazy but I can't cry anymore and I at least know he's safe. I want to see the light in his eyes, his careless smile and his dimples. Some sign to tell me everything was going to be okay.

"It's Lily's birthday today." Rosie said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"And that means we get out?"

"Yeah it's something Jay would do."

"Ok but-" I was cut off by the sound of foot steps approaching us.

"Told you." Rosie teased.

"Told her what?" Jay's voice rang through the room. I look up at him and was a little more shocked. I hadn't seen him since Rosie's birthday and what makes him different is today he seem to be carrying a lot of power over him. That and today he had 3 other men with him.

Rosie jumped up from her spot and pranced over to Jay. "I told her we are getting out today."

Jay looked down at the little girl like she was his prey. "How would you know that?"

"Well it's Mama's birthday."

"You know me too well." He motioned a man over towards me. "Grab her."

I watched as 2 guys grabbed brutally onto Rosie making her wince. I tried going to her but the guy who grabbed me twisted my arms in an awkward position causing me to yelp in pain. As soon as Rosie heard me her eye flew open and the next thing I know the 2 guys holding her had fallen unconscious to the floor. She raced over to me and with in second the guy holding me also fell limp. Rosie stood protectively between Jay and I. "The deal was no one was to get hurt." she seethed.

Jay looked at all of the limp men before he looked back at us. "Damn I forgot you could do that." He let out a shrill whistle and a bunch more men came in.

"Shit." Rosie swore.

Before I knew what happen someone injected Rosie with some serum and she instantly fell to the floor. I was about to pounce on them but I too felt the sting of a needle before my eye closed shut.

Lily

When we first reached the clearing everyone was ready to fight but now we are trying to be patient. It's been hours since we arrived and everyone was getting restless. It has to be late afternoon and right now I'm wishing Jay would've given us a time.

"They'll come." Daniel said soothingly and as he kissed the crown of my head.

"They better." I mumbled into our embrace. I can help but think what is going to happen to us or the child I am carrying. That is my first priority to protect my unborn child so it safe and unharmed. I hate keeping this secret from Daniel but I know I had to do this for everyones sake and besides I have already promised myself to tell him after the war when things are calm and safe. For now I just hide my growing belly under my hoodie so it doesn't show any of my big figure.