Chapter 1- Run Aways

Lily

    "Rosie wake up." I whispered as I grabbed her shoulders and shook her lightly, "Wake up baby girl." C'mon Rosie we don't have time for this is what I really want too scream but then I would just scare her.

     Her 10 year old face scrunched up in protest and she peeked her light blue eyes out at me, "Lily?"

     I gave her a weak smile, "Yeah it's me. Now I want you to grab that bag I told you to pack. We are gonna go on a little trip." A little trip, a long trip, same thing right?

     Sitting up Rosie looked past my shoulder and saw our 14 year old brother, Mikey, packing behind me. "Why are we leaving?" she asked as she returned her gaze to me. I let out a long sigh at the frustration of explaining this again.

     "We are not safe here Rosie you know that. Jay will keep hurting us." I said as I lifted her out of her little bed, if you could call it that. It was just a pallet with one pillow and a thin blanket that the three of us shared. Our room was pretty bare. We had our "bed", dresser and a closet. We were never allowed to have nice things here. When Rosie was up in my arms, she wrapped her legs around me with her head in the crook of my neck. She weighs nothing in my arms and it scares me more than anything. Jay was our older brother. His real name was Jameson but my siblings and I call him Jay. Our family was a little spread out. Jay was 22, then I was 16, Mikey is 14, and Rosie is 10.

     I looked up at the clock on the wall. 10:30. We need to go now or we will be in a world of trouble.

     I set Rosie down and went to grab her bag from the closet. When I went back to the bed I heard thunderous footsteps in the hall. Oh no. "Jay is coming. Both of you in the closet now." I ordered them and they hurried to it with their bags in hand. "Mikey I want you to hold on to Rosie's hand and neither of you say a word no matter what. Got it?" I waited tell they both nodded before I put the suitcases in there and shut the closet door.

     Once I went back to the bed Jay busted into the room. I looked up to him in fake surprise as he looked around the room surveying i for whatever he was looking for "Where are the other two!" he barked.

     I looked at him with a straight face, "They are not here." I lied through my teeth. Lying is a trick I picked up fast the more I was around Jay. Now it was natural, like an instinct. Lie and survive.

    He grabbed my arm with a locked grip and I winced from the pressure.  I could feel his fingers clench the bun in my arm, threatening to break it. I know he could do it too. He easily tower over me. I was a measly 5' 2" but Jay was easily 6' 5". I am very short for a werewolf! Normal height was several inches taller then me so don't get me started on it. It's a sore subject. Jay bent down to my level and glared at me with the same light blue eyes that I had and the same dark brown hair but his was straight and shorter. It was cut short on the sides but longer on the top. "Don't lie to me! I am your Alpha!" he yelled at me with his alpha tone of voice. He didn't know my little secret. I don't know what's the matter with me but he couldn't make me do anything. An alpha has the power to make anyone who isn't an Alpha or Luna do what they wish by simply the tone of their voice. Everyone but me.

     "I'm not." I whispered as I looked him straight in the eyes. Then with lightening speed, he slapped me across the face, knocking me to the ground and making me yelp. I may heal fast but with Jay's strength, this will take a while to heal completely. From past experience maybe 3 or 4 days tell the bruises are gone. My hand tentatively touch my stinging cheek. The tears started to swim at the rim of my eyes but I tried to blink them back. He did not have the right to see me weak and the is no way in hell I want to give him the opportunity now. The pain started to recede as I numbed it out.