Chapter 2- My Blue Eyed Mate

Daniel

      God I hate rogues. I never know whether or not to trust them. There was always the chance that they were spies or that they wished to overthrow me. Yeah I know it seems paranoid but when someone is so jealous of you that they'd literally kill you, you'd get a little paranoid too. I was interested though to meet the ones my men spotted within our borders early this morning. I got word that it was an older stronger female wolf with 2 young wolves. I was told all of them seemed newly shifted but the one jumped over her pups in a protective manner which is a motherly trait by far. You know something's wrong when this happens. Rogues typically are individuals or mates who have authority issues, not aged mothers with pups. Something weird is happening here and I don't like it.

     I sat at my desk as I heard the footsteps approaching my door then I heard a knock. "Come in." I answer. As they entered I looked at my paper work laid across my desk but my nose was exploding with the scent of fresh strawberries. Ignoring the intoxicating smell, I asked the question that has been nagging me since I heard of the mother and 2 children entering our borders without permission, "So why does a mother take her children into an unknown territory?"

     "I wouldn't know." stated a heavenly voice. My head popped up at the set of three crystal blue eyes staring back at me. The girl who spoke looked to be in her mid teens with a younger boy standing at the same height next to her and a little girl wrapped around her side. Not exactly a mother and 2 sixteen year olds.

      I glared at the informant. It finally clicked to him why I was staring at him and he immediately stated in a nervous voice, "Sorry Alpha. She was in wolf form the whole time until we arrived to the house." That still did not explain why I had one she wolf here and 2 children.

     My eyes went back to the girl as I did an inspection of her. She was small, skinny girl with stringy curls of long, dark brown hair that could be mistaken as black. But the most stunning thing about her was her eyes. They were crystal blue and it was a shocking contrast to her dark hair.

     OH, NO! No, no, no! The eyes made the connection. Waves of fiery pain started to make it's way through my body. My wolf is howling in joy. I looked back at the girl and I could tell she was feeling it too. The only difference was she was shaking and slowly sliding down toward the hard floor. I ran from my desk and caught her before she hit the ground. Catching her sent a blast of fresh strawberries through my nose and I know that must be her scent and I will crave that forever. She hung limply on my body and being this close made things a whole lot worse especially since all she is wearing is a t-shirt. My body was craving her because without a doubt I knew this beautiful girl was my mate. When mates first meet its a instant connection and the fiery need to be together.

   Catching my attention away from my mate was when the boy took the little girls hand and then he look at me with a serious expression. He seemed to be a teen from the looked of it but not a shifter yet but close. "Are you two really what I think you are?" he looked at me straight in the eye. Wow this boy was gutsy. Most people don't look an Alpha in the eye unless looking for a fight.

     I nodded and then I swung my mystery girl in my arms bridal style making sure her bum was covered up by the t-shirt. No one else but me gets to see her bum but me. She hung limp in my arms until I pulled her tight and subconsciously she snuggled into my chest. Poor girl I have no idea how far she has travel or how strong she is and then we met and it took all the energy out from her. I turned back to the kids. "Follow me." The brown haired boy was still holding the girls hand when he followed me out of the office. I went to the other side of the house toward my bedroom. I forget how big the house actually is. It's practically a mansion. I took the girl into my bedroom and laid her into my large bed. Normally I would put her in her own room but being an Alpha whats mine stays with me and she is going no where fast. That and I don't want my mate to be waking up in a strange room with no one to be there for her. I covered her up and looked at her. She looked so small and delicate looking in my big bed. I turned to the children who had a hard time standing up without their eyes slipping shut and a slight sway to their movements, "You guys look tired. Why don't you sleep on the couch over there for the night until we find you rooms. You can stay here with your......?"