Part 20

(Carmen's point of view)

I head back to where I was and get underneath the covers. I sigh, getting back out of bed and taking the bandages off, it was completely healed, just a few minutes ago I was in a large amount of pain. I end up sitting on the edge of the bed when I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in," Coach Brunt walked through the door and sat down next to me. She scoffed at me when she realized I had taken the bandages off. I put my head in her lap and she pats it. I jerk my head up and stand up.

"This isn't right

"Black Sheep I thought we were past this"

"How can I?! I mean you erased my memories, I feel like you're genuine and I want it to be but my brain keeps telling me this is all a trick!" I groan and notice tears are streaming down my face.

"Oh Lambkins-" I cut her off

"Don't just don't, I just need to be alone"

"You're frustrated that's understandable"

"That doesn't even begin to explain how I feel! ARRGH!"

"Black Sheep came down" her voice had a warning tone to it. I didn't care.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" before I can stop myself my fist is in the wall. I run.

That's all I really know how to do, run away from here, my new life, everything, always on the run, never staying still. It wasn't until I reached the stairs that I realized no one was following me, I made my way to the roof and I opened the door to walk head first into Coach Brunt. I didn't wait for her to speak, I dove under her legs and ran towards the edge of the roof. I watched as Coach Brunt carefully approached me and grabbed a nearby broom.

"Stay back" I swing the broom causing her to stop in her tracks.

"What on Earth has gotten into you this isn't like you"

I swung the broom again"You have no idea who I am or what I feel or what I want"

"Know your just sputtering nonsense come over here we can talk about this in the morning."

"And then have Professor Maelstrom do some freaky mental exams, or have Dr. Bellum cage me up like a lab rat. I'm sure you guys would get a kick out of that. In fact, I bet you never found me as a baby, you just kidnapped me for an experiment, better yet I was created in Dr. Bellum's lab, or maybe you kidnapped me from a lab who made me"

"BLACK SHEEP THAT'S ENOUGH!" "We may steal and we may take lives but I would never and I mean NEVER do anything to hurt a baby, I found you on the side of the road and my heart broke, I took you back to the island to give you the love I never got, and if you think for even a moment, that I don't love you with all my heart despite everything that has happened then you are sadly mistaken, even when the others labeled you as a traitor I never did not even for a moment because I know this is just some kind of phase, when you were four years old you had snuck off the island accidentally, you were young so the others decided to just let you go, I risked destroying the entire organization to get you back in my arms, it took me three months Black Sheep. It took me three months to find you and you know where you were, you were playing in a meadow with sheep that's how you got your code name, before that you were just M."

A tear left her eye, she never cried, never. I put the broom down. "I- I had no idea" I sat next to her feet. She then sat down.

"I planned on telling you this when you graduated. Of course, that never happened, and I guess I should have seen that coming. Is there any chance you would be willing to stay?" I shake my head.

"I figured" She paused for a moment." Then I suppose there's no use for you being here, for now, as much as it pains me to say this I'll get you off the island but you have to do a few things for me in return" she sighed. "First off the suit we made, you're not going to be causing the capers, but since I assume you're not going to stop, stopping them, it would bring a lot of joy if you would wear that underneath your coat. The second thing is, stay in contact" She handed me a small mirror, I touched it and a ringing came from Coach Brunt's pocket. I smiled.

"It won't be for a little while you know that right?" I nodded, and then I hugged her. She then whispered into my ear.

"This doesn't mean I'm going easy on you, this is just ahead, start next time we meet I'm going to have something in my pocket that will bring you back for good." With that, she stands up and leaves.

(Now you know how she got her outfit underneath the coat no one ever seems to worry about that as well as her famous mirror. And no one out of all the fanfics I have read gave any hint to how she got her code name! Sorry it took me so long to update leaves comments below should this be the end)