Part 13

(Carmen's point of view)

I wake up nauseous with pain in my arm. I look over to realize that's where the fire ants had bit me, and that crab was a clump of fire ants on my arm. The rashes from my body have gone away except for the one on my arm, it looked like a bunch of blisters and bug bites piled on top of each other. I sit up being careful not to move my arm and see a note on the table next to me.

It read be back soon don't scratch it. Which was annoying because it was insanely itchy, while somehow still able to be burning. I then remember the note I took to take it out but realized I'm in a clean set of clothes, which was, of course, reasonable but unfortunate. I remember it saying something about a hard drive in the north I'm pretty sure bathroom and that-. That V.I.L.E was bad. Which made sense as to the getting back to the island thing, a setup. I snorted.

I wonder how many times this cycle has happened. Probably only once or twice, not that it mattered. All that did is that I got that hard drive, got off the island, and got to a computer. Luckily the Northside bathroom was down the hall from Dr. Bellum's lab, which was across from the hospital wing, which meant it was the closest bathroom, so there would be no suspension there. In fact, I could go right now.

I go towards the edge of the bed and balance myself on my feet. I then sat back down, I could hardly stay on my feet, I wouldn't make it there. Besides I had no pockets to put the hard drive in. I would have to wait. Though who knows when I would get another chance, besides her Dr. Bellum's lab and the hospital wing there was nothing really over here, which means there would be no reason for me to be over here. So even though I can't go now I have to go soon. I get back under the covers as Coach Brunt walks in the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"My arm hurts a little but other than that I'm okay" Okay that was a lie but I didn't want her fussing over me or I would never be able to get to that hard drive. I sit myself back up forgetting not to use my arm and let out a grunt. Coach Brunt quickly pulls the cover off.

"That doesn't look fine to me, wasn't Bellum supposed to give you some cream or something?"

"Really I'm fine"

"There's no need to put on a brave face Black Sheep"

"Really I'm fine" Coach Brunt puts her hands up as if to say fine stay in pain, but still has a worried look on her face.

"Is there anything you need?"

"Actually yeah could you help me to the bathroom?"

"Of course"

I would obviously only be able to check one stall but it was worth a shot. Coach Brunt helped me out of bed, and I leaned on her as we walked down the hall. Once there She insisted to come in, but I told her I was fine, the bathroom, not the stall, that would just be weird. I take a deep breath and lock the stall door. I looked behind the toilet and sure enough there behind it was a hard drive, along with a bracelet. I pick them both up. I then remembered I have nowhere to put them, I end up sticking the two in my left shoe. I flush and wash my hands and leave. On the way back I'm more wobbly on the way there for certain reasons and Coach Brunt looks at me with worry the whole time.

Once in the room, I got back under the covers and pretended to fall asleep. After she leaves I sit back up and smile. Now all that was left to do is get off the island. It's funny I feel like I said or at least thought this before, if not multiple times. I smile, I then quickly remember and take the bracelet and hard drive out of my shoe, it seems like the bracelet has a tracker, it mostly isn't connected to V.I.L.E though since it was stashed with the hard drive. Maybe on the outside world I had people helping me and were looking for me, all the more reason to get off the island as soon as possible.

Knowing how to get off the island, the helicopter would make too much noise, so that was out. That lifted the boat, which was no good; it probably had a tracker. I would need to make my own mode of transportation, know that I think about it. Dr. Bellum probably has something I could use in her lab. I would have to sneak in there later tonight. If she did I would make my escape right there and then if not, well then, I would be stuck here for a while.

I would need to grab a map as well. I need to figure out where I am so I can figure out how to get to land, before fuel, or whatever else may powder her invention runs out. I could also just go to where tools were stored, and grab a jet pack. That would have a decent amount of mileage. It would also be easier to sneak into.