Part 14

(Carmen's point of view)

I wait until about two am when I get out of bed. I quickly put a training outfit on with pockets and a coat in case I end up somewhere cold. I grab a map from the library and look it over as I walk down to the equipment room for a jet pack. I know I'm on an island, but since it's small for, well , an island, I suppose that most likely means it's in a cluster of islands. I narrow the choices down to two places, the Canary Islands, and Hawaii, of course, I could be completely wrong. If I am luckily being in a clump of islands I'll be able to find another one, though it wouldn't be for a while. After all, how else could the island do well hidden?

I enter the room and brush my head along an array of grappling hooks, all different shapes, and sizes, I head to the back where I then find the jet packs, I check each one's mileage and none of them have nearly enough for any type of journey. I end up combing all the fuel and put it into a bright orange one with back stripes. I'm sure Tigress wouldn't miss it, I laughed quietly.

I feel a clutch in my chest though, I would even though I know I shouldn't I would miss this place. I picked up a camera x-ray enhanced. And bring it with me. I get to the front of the school and take a picture. I take the film out and go to leave the camera on the beach when I remember in a class Dr. Bellum talked about how this camera can take pictures from over 50,000 miles away. I do just that after putting the film back in. I don't see any islands but I do see a boat at about 45,000 miles out, it was a cruise ship, perfect for landing on and going unseen, I would land there.

It takes me a couple of tries but I finally get the hang of it and I'm now up in the air. At the speed of the jetpack, it only takes me about ten minutes before I reach the ship. I'm pretty sure I swallowed a bug. Once landed I throw the jetpack overboard so can't be traced. Leaving me only with the clothes on my back, the hard drive, and the film of the camera with a picture of the island. I realize I don't have any money. I take the bracelet off my arm, the quicker I can trace the tracker back to its origin the better. I realize the trackers blinking, it's back online.

So even if I can't find whoever I need to find yet, they can. I just hope they have some way of proving that I know them, that they can get to me, before well. I make my way to a laundry room and grab some employee clothes, I'm sure no one would miss them and in the meantime, I could earn some money the old fashion way. I make my way back out when I'm stopped by what seems to be the manager.

"First day"

"Yes sir" I reply he just smiles

"What should I do?"

"Just walk around and see if anybody needs anything and have a smile on your face, if there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask me."

"Actually I have a few questions, where is the next stop and is there a place where I can find a computer, or a bathroom?" He points out. I start to walk over to the bathroom when he stops me.

"What are you doing up this early anyway it's 3 am?"

"Like I said bathroom" I then walked off to it. Technically I was telling the truth I did have to go. Shoot he never answered where the ship was going, oh well I would find out soon enough, and when it stopped I would get off, and work my way from there, unless it was a private island, that would not be a good place to start my search for whoever it is I am looking for. I sighed realizing I was going on a wild goose chase or whatever that expression was.

After washing my hands I leave the bathroom bumping into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry my bad I wasn't watching where I was going. Wait, Gray?" It was him, what was he doing here?

"How do you know my name?" I looked around trying to come up with an excuse. Obviously I couldn't tell him the truth.

"It's on your name tag," I say though more as a question then as a statement, talk about awkward. He looks down at his shirt.

"So it is"

'So, what do you do?"

"Oh I work as an electrician on the boat is very important or we could all end up being stranded."

"I see," I say memorized. I can't believe he was standing right here in front of me I mean what are the chances? I quickly walk away not knowing what to say. If this was the beginning I would be in for one crazy journey.

(Somewhere in Russia)

(Player's point of view)

I was scrolling through all the pieces seeing if there was anything I could have possibly missed even though I know there wasn't when a tracker popped up on my screen. It was Carmen's bracelet! Which meant she was most likely with it, she was in the Canary Islands, which meant, well, I didn't want to think about it. I quickly pinpointed her location. She was on a cruise ship, and the next stop would be Astruillia. It was an around the world tour, and if my calculations are correct, if we leave now we could catch her there.

Somethings didn't make sense like why she didn't contact me, this could very well be a trap but I had to take a chance. I call Ivy and Zack. They pick up immediately.

"Pack your bags guys you're going to Australia, I found Carmen!" I heard two streams of happiness I could hardly hold in my excitement myself. It had been a little over a month since we had seen her, and we may finally have found her. I explain to them after everything comes down that it wasn't definite, but I don't think any of us could care. We didn't have a single lead this entire time and even if it wasn't her it would be someone that could lead us to her.

I can only hope that she remembers us, I mean who knows a lot can happen in a month, we may not even recognize her. I put my worry behind me, there was no need, I quickly booked two tickets and told the brother-sister pair they would leave tomorrow morning. I then end the call. I smile that we will all be reunited.