Part 3

(Carmen's point of view)

I slowly open my eyes only to be blinded by a bright light, I wince my body is heavy and I can't move it. At that moment a woman walks in. It takes me a moment to register this "Dr. Bellum?" She looked down surprised but relieved and smiled.

"I'm glad to see you finally awake. You gave everyone quite the scare" With that she walks out. What exactly happened? I don't have time to ponder on the question when Coach Brunt runs in. And was that a tear in her eye, what exactly had happened why were they both acting so strange? I watch as she runs over to me and gives me a big hug.

"Don't you ever do that to me again Black Sheep you had me squared half to death" She stops talking and looks down, looking into my soul."You don't remember, do you? I mean how could you? You were hit in the head and in a coma for two years."She says trying to hold back tears. A coma! That couldn't be right, I sit up confused but she ushers me to lay back down and I do mostly because I feel nauseous.

"Plz don't throw up on me again"

"What?" I croak out."

"Nothing," Dr. Bellum said, trying to hold back a laugh. I look over to see Coach Brunt scowling at her.

"Why am I in the hospital wing? What do you mean I was in a coma for two years?" I ask. Both of them look at each other. Coach Brunt kneeled down next to my bed. She hesitated but spoke.

"Lambkins." she paused wiping a tear out of her eye," Two years ago when the results were posted Crackle didn't make the cut. Out of rage, he took it out on you. He used the crackle rod on you, it was set to comma. We weren't able to get to you in time, you got hit by it and you fell hitting your head. You have been in a coma ever since. We didn't think you would make the night. Last night you showed signs of movement for the first time.''She stopped choking up and hugging me.

"That can't be right Gray, I mean Crackle would never do that"

"That's what we thought as well I know it's a lot to take in. Obviously, he was expelled." Said Dr. Bellum tinkering with the IV in my arm.

"Uh needles," I said looking away.

"At least something didn't change, you never did like needles." Said Coach Brunt standing up."I should go alert the others they will be happy to know you're awake" And with that, she walked out the door.