Authors Note/Intro

Hi everyone, I'm Em! I'm 13 right now and into reading and writing. Decided to give Wattpad a try for the heck of it. So here goes my first story!!

This story starts of with a 16 year old girl named Aurora Gardens. It takes place in the future, in the city of San Diego, CA, USA. I know you must be thinking "oh wow the future. How cliché," but I hope you will give this story a chance. It's not going to be about sci-fi advanced computers and hovercrafts, in fact, there will be absolutely none of those things in the story what so ever. While reading, keep an eye out for foreshadowing, because that happens to be one of my favorite things to do, and pay close attention to Aurora's best and only friend, Cara. You will meet Cara in chapter 1. She is not like other people in future San Diego, now called The Society, in my story. Why Cara and Aurora so compatible as friends is up to you to figure out.

Notes: understanding plot better:

• it's San Diego in the future. The name was changed to The Society

• there is a fence around the city, somewhat similar to Divergent or The Hunger Games. I promise I didn't steal the idea from Veronica Roth or Susan Collins, I came up with this idea years ago before I read either story.

• when someone one does something bad, they are banded from The Society and sent outside the fence, where there is sunlight. Sunlight=lighter hair aka blonde hair. Blonde hair is thought of as dangerous and bad to those within the fence.

• there is a certain chemical in your brain that is realized when you are scared or feel guilty. As an infant, everyone in The Society was injected with a substance which, when the fear chemical is released, turns a bit of their hair lighter or blonde. Reinforcing my statement, blonde is bad.

👆👆 (I'm blonde so don't take blonde=bad personally please! It just made the most sense to have as part of the plot. Trust me, if I actually thought blonde was bad I would have dyed my hair midnight black ((ahahhaha foreshadow)) a while ago!!!)

The rest will be explained throughout the book. Enjoy loves! Please comment and vote!