C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Start from the beginning

"You're fired! Next!" I said and the men in the room expression changed to a shocking state.

I don't play and I don't especially have time for their games

"What! N-no you can't--''

"Leave or I'll make sure you don't get another job in this country and tell your partner I said I don't want to see his face again or else..." I threatened him and watched as fear wash over his face.

"Y-yes Sir" he stammered and ran out of my office.

"Next"

"Well, today I-i'm gonna t-talk about my p-presentation. So it starts a-at a supermarket w-where a dad I-is---" he stammered at I cut him off.

"Be properly prepared for tomorrow or just don't show up if you're gonna keep doing this bullshit. Good night everyone" I dismissed them and went straight to my BMW. Clipping my seat belt in, I sped off home.

I haven't been home in two days and I don't know why but I wanted to see Emily's face.

As I pulled up in the garage, I lock my car and entered my house. Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed a bottle of water and almost jump when I saw one of my maid standing behind me. Almost.

"What are you doing up at this time?" I asked and I saw as the look of fear in her eyes.

She opened her mouth to say something but shut it again. "You have something to say to me?" I asked raising one if my brows at her.

"Yes sir"

"Then what is it?" I asked and she hesitantly spoke.

"Y-your--your.....wife--"

"What's wrong with my wife?" I asked as I felt a little afraid that something might be wrong with Emily.

I hope no one had hurt her or I'll wipe them off this earth.

"She's--she's......hurt" she responded and I felt my blood boiled in anger.

Who dare hurt my wife!

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She's in the bedroom" She replied and I sprint upstairs to my room. Opening the bedroom door, I saw a small figure sleeping on the couch.

Why is she still sleeping there?

I walked over to her, scooped her in my arms and lay her on my bed before taking my clothes out and laying next to her.

I'll make whosoever hurt her pay.

...

The next morning I was awakening by the sound of the shower. Opening my eyes, I saw an empty space next to me.

The sound of the shower could be heard turning off and out came Emily wrapped in a small white towel.

My eyes scanned her body for any marks and then our eyes met. We started at each other. She averted her eyes and grabbed her clothes before walking back into the bathroom.

She came out a few minutes later in a black t-shirt and sweat pants on.

I saw her clench her stomach and whimper as she walks by me and I looked at her suspiciously.

Emily's POV.

Why is he home? Shit! I thought he won't be here.

"Lift up your shirt" Xavier commanded me and I give him a confused look but then realized something.

Does he know?

Who told him?......Carry!!!

"I won't repeat myself, Emily," he said after I stood there frozen. I gulp and slowly lifted my shirt and he walked towards me. I watched as his eyes scanned over my bruises and his jaw clenched.

"Who did this?" He asked in a stern voice.

Should I tell him or not?

"Emily!" He growls at me and I gulp again. "Answer me and don't even think about lying"

Shit!

Taking a deep breath, I replied. "It was someone"

"Who in specific?" He asked and I gulp.

Should I tell him? If I do then he's gonna do something to my dad and then my dad is gonna get angry at me and then he's gonna hurt me more.

"Emily?" He growls angrily while looking my eyes and I shiver in fear before replying.

"It was my......dad" I finally said.

I look at him and saw his jaw clenched and his eyes were darker. It looked like he was going to kill someone.

"I knew that bastard won't leave you alone" I heard him mumbled and he stood up. He put me to sit down on the bed and grabbed a bottle of medicine from the table beside his bed and rubbed it on my stomach.

"And your face." He said while running his fingers across my cheeks.

Shit! How could I forget? I should've put medicine on it since last night.

"It's swollen. Did he do this too?" He asked and I nodded. He was silent after that and apply a bag of frozen beans to my face which was brought up by Carry.

She looked at my face and give me an apologetic look before leaving.

"Stay in bed. You need to rest" Xavier said to me and helped me in bed before leaving.

...

Here's the long chapter I promised.

Bye:)