C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Start from the beginning

"I hope you rot in hell you--" I was cut off by a loud punch across my face that sting.

Groaning, I looked up towards him. "You better learn how to respect us or you'll die in our hands," he said and I laughed at him.

"I'm don't give a dam! You can take your shitty ass selves away from me you b---"

"Shut up!" Dad cut me off and land a punch in my stomach.

Not again!

The wound from my previous injury on my stomach wasn't healed fully and now it hurts one thousand times more.

He let go of my throat and I fell to the ground gasping for air. "I'm warning you! Divorce him or you'll die in my hands" Dad said and walk towards the door.

"If you're smart, you'll make the right choice," mom said to me and followed dad while Vanessa smirked at me before following them out.

"Madam are you okay?" Carry asked as she tried to help me up. "No, it's okay. I'm fine." I said to her and struggled to get up on my own.

"I'll call master," she said and got up but I grabbed her hands before she could leave the living room.

"No please don't," I said to her and she looked at me confused. "Why?"

"I don't want to bother him. Please don't call him" I begged and she hesitates before she sighs.

"Okay. Let me help you up" She offered and helped me up to my feet. I thank her and walked up the stairs into the bedroom.

Walking into the bathroom I showered, slipped on my pajamas and lay in the uncomfortable couch.

And my mind slips off to the bad memories again.

"Where's Emily?!" Dad shouted.

"She's in here!" Vanessa said and dad came storming into the living room.

Grabbing my throat, he yelled angrily in my face "Where is your mom's jewelry?!!!!"

"What jewelry?" I asked in between my breath.

"The necklace I brought for her!" He replied and I shook my head.

"I...I don't--I don't know" I said trying to breathe.

"You lying bitch! Speak the truth!" He cussed at me.

"I don't know. I swear! I never touch any of her jewelry!" I said honestly. His grip tightens around my neck causing me to gasp for air like a fish.

"Let go honey or you're gonna kill her" I heard mom shout and dad let go of my neck a few seconds later.

Falling to the floor, I place my hands on my chest and gasp for all the air I could get.

"I don't want to see your face when I'm back this afternoon. Leave this house!" He yelled at me and left.

Mom went after dad leaving Vanessa and me alone. "Bye bitch!" She said and chuckled at me before leaving.

...

Xavier's Pov.

As I enter the meeting room, I sat down and everyone immediately shut their mouth and acknowledge my presence.

I had just finished a meeting with some businessmen and was extremely tired.

"Begin!" I said to one of my employees.

They were presenting a commercial on one of my upcoming successful products.

"B-but Mr. S-Stephano my partner isn't here as---"