mamas hand

SAINT ANDERSON

"I should have went with you

"I should have went with you." Gionni said through the phone causing me to laugh.

"You're more nervous then I am and it's my mother." I said and he sucked his teeth. "It's cause I know what you capable of. Just promise me you won't beat on that lady." He said and I got quiet.

"Saint." He said sternly. "What Gionni I cant make no promises." I said and he sighed. "You have to much to lose." He said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Alright Gionni I won't put hands on the lady." I said. "You know I'm proud of you?" He said and I just sat and listened to him.

"You heard?" He said. "Yea but I'm about to go in the restaurant. See you when I get home." I told him before hanging up the phone.

Taking a deep breath I turned the car off and grabbed my white balenciaga bag putting it across my body. Exiting the car I slowly walked into the restaurant and there she was.

"Couldn't wait till I got her and ordered?" I asked sitting down as she sucked on her thumb.

"Nope you were taking to long and I was hungry." She said wiping her lips causing me to roll my eyes.

"Okay the eye rolling is gon stop. I'm glad you reached out but I'm not going to be disrespected. We are two grown ass women who can hold a civil conversation. I'm not saying it won't be heated but the blankly disrespect is uncalled for and if you feel this conversation can't go without your little subliminal remarks then you might as well leave now." She and I was low key shocked.

Swallowing I nodded my head. "Okay with that being say. I want to apologize. I know I wasn't a good mother and I've chosen countless things over you guys. There's no one are anything else to blame but myself. So I'm not gon make up excuses. I did what I did and that's that. I can't change the past but I can change the future. When you came and got the kids months later Lester was killed and I had gotten a arrested. I did 24 months then was put in a program that helped me get my G.E.D and found a job in realtor. On top of all that I did find a man. And he's know all about my past and you kids. He's honestly the one who pushed me and gave me the courage to contact you." She said and I was shocked.