Bonus: It's Finally Time...

Start from the beginning

Although her father was the cause of a lot of pain she went through when she was a child she still loved him, and a part of her will love him forever. He may not have been the best father but he was still her father.

"I'm getting married today papa, my I don't think it has really gotten to me yet... I've waited so long, watched so many of my sisters and friends get married and finally now it's my turn... It's my day... I do wish you could be here to see it though... although I really doubt you would have liked Romeo, you never really liked anyone." The image of her father rolling his eyes while someone was trying to sweet talk themselves onto his good side replayed through her mind making her laugh as her eyes stayed focused on his picture.

"And even though I know you probably wouldn't have liked him it doesn't really matter at the end of the day because... he makes me happy, God if you could just see the way he looks at me... He looks at me like I'm his whole world... I may have always been very naive but I was never stupid, that's why I know I'm making the right decision by marrying him today. I presume the reason I'm telling you all of this is because I'm truly starting a new life and I wanted to somehow share it with you... But I better get going now because I'm sure Romeo won't be able to wait much longer." A little giggle escaped her lips as she pressed them against the painting before putting it down on her desk and picking up a wedding bouquet.

As she stood back up she looked at herself one last time in the mirror with a smile before walking over to the door and opening it with a wide smile.

As she walked down the hallway in the direction of Carlisle she was surprised to realize that she wasn't feeling nervous at all, she always heard about brides getting nervous on the day of their wedding but Natalia felt completely at ease. Maybe it's because she has waited so long for this day or maybe it might be because she knows she has nothing to be worried or nervous about.

Everything was going to be absolutely great.

As she got to the end of the hallway where stood the double white doors which when opened would lead down to the aisle Natalia was surprised to see that Carlisle was nowhere to be seen.

But the blonde didn't let that get to her and presumed that he had just forgotten something and needed to quickly get it.

So as she waited for her father figure she peeked around the curtains and through the windows, at the hats and the dresses and the suits... but mostly she was soaking in the atmosphere, an energy that made her giggle with excitement.

"I'm sorry for holding you up Dear." The sound of Carlisle's voice made Natalia turn around to see the older vampire walking in her direction with a father-like smile.

Shaking her head the blonde showed that it was no problem. "Don't worry about it Carlisle, all that matters is that you're here right now." As he finally got to the girl he placed his hands on her shoulders to take a good look at the girl.

She looked stunning, breathtaking even. He was so happy for her and proud, he really did view the girl like he would a real daughter. He didn't even think about her as a stepdaughter but as a true one, so seeing her standing in front of him in a wedding dress made him quite emotional, if he was still human he would have definitely shed a tear.

"I don't think I need to tell you this but you look wonderful. So, how about we don't keep the groom waiting?" Natalia smiled brightly as he hooked her arm into his and knocked gently on the door alerting the two men standing on the other side that they were ready.

Not long after the knock, the two heard the music start to play on the other side before the double doors opened causing everyone seated to stand up and turn their eyes towards the bride.