Decisions

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

1910, Tuscany Italy, Volterra

100 years, 100 years is how much Carlisle and Natalia have spent with the Volturi. And the 100 years are 100 years too many. Both vampires have been having a hard time living with the Volturi's style of life. Each day the two would see something that would be counted as not moral to them. They saw vampires dying at the hands of Aro and crowds of innocent humans get killed as their meals. The two vegetarian vampires never took part in the group dinner sessions claiming it wasn't something they would be comfortable with.

Most of the time Natalia would either be inside her bedroom or in the castle's gardens. She didn't even want to be tempted by the human blood not knowing if she could keep herself away, and she knew that if she bit her fangs into one of the people that would enter the castle she would lose control and the Volturi would have won and she is too much of a stubborn girl to let that happen.

Carlisle was more than proud of how the younger girl was handling herself in this sort of situation. He spent most of his time either checking up on her or observing the way the Volturi worked. He knew that if they ever left them the Volturi would always catch up with them in some way meaning it would be better if they knew what to expect for the future.

And this is why he was going in the direction of the Volturi throne room. Because he knew the only way the two could have a normal future was if they got out of there. He knew that what he was about to do was dangerous but he was fine with doing it if it meant his family was safe and living in peace because that's what she was.

She was his family.

She was like a sister and daughter combined. She was the reason he was no longer lonely.

The door to the throne room opened and he went straight in as Aro stood up with a sickening smile playing on his face.

"Carlisle, my friend. You wished to speak with us?" Carlisle nodded looking between the three kings.

"Yes, I wish for you to let me and Natalia leave the castle. I believe we have spent enough time here." Aro's smile fell and he sat back down on the throne. Caius' scowl became deeply angry with such an idea. Carlisle's wish to take a gifted vampire out of Aro's grasp was something he didn't want to do. She was far too unique to be let leave.

"I'm sorry my dear friend but I'm afraid her gift is too valuable for us to lose." Carlisle sighed knowing there would be some kind of complications during this. He knew that for Aro Natalia was nothing more but a weapon he would use in the future to take down any threats that came his way.

" Knowing my adopted daughter I know that there is no way she would join you, especially if you were to kill me. She would rather die than stand for what you are standing for. And I know you won't kill her because you don't want to lose a vampire with a gift like hers. So choose Aro. You either let us leave on good terms or kill her and lose a vampire with her abilities forever." The three kings' brows furrowed and their eyes squinted from anger.

♡♡♡♡♡

On the castle's grass ground, the blonde-haired vampire is lying on her back with butterflies flying around her. She would giggle ever so often when one would land on her nose. It truly is a sight to see, a vampire that is made to be a dangerous predator is lying between flowers playing with butterflies.

Through the corridor window, a male vampire is watching the younger girl shaking his head. To him, this sort of behaviour was only useless and pointless. But even if he wanted to look away, he wouldn't be able to. She just fascinated him, the way someone his kind could be so pure and gentle was shocking. After he got the mission from Aro to get closer to the girl he understood how much different they are.

He was hard and emotionless and didn't think twice when told to kill someone while she was... she was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful.

He shook his head and cleared his thoughts remembering the mission. The moment Natalia and Carlisle moved in with the Volturi Aro told him to get as close with the girl as possible. Aro wanted him to be the reason why she stayed, he wanted to have leverage on her. 

Unfortunately, the plan wasn't exactly working, the girl had severe trust issues when it came to the Volturi. The closest the boy would ever get with the girl was a simple conversation which always made him frustrated. He just couldn't understand the fact that even though he lived with her in one castle for 100 years he still couldn't succeed in his mission. 

Because that's all that she meant to him. She was just a mission his master gave him.

The said boy opened the door to the grand garden and started to walk towards the girl who was in her own little world humming a soft tune. He stops right beside her head looking down at her with a stone expression. The blonde telekinetic vampire didn't even look in the direction of the dark-haired boy but kept her eyes on the yellow butterfly that had landed on her finger.

"Hello, Alec." Her voice came so sweet it could cause someone to have diabetes. But that was just the girl's charm. Everything about her was nearly always either pure, innocent or sweet. Alec furrowed his dark brows that were covered by his fringe looking down at her confused.

"What are you doing?" Now his voice came out completely different, it was blunt, harsh and monotone. The blonde girl always thought it was rather sad that the boy was so emotionless, empty and damaged that even his voice came out that way. Keeping her eyes on the butterfly as she sat up she gently answered him back.

"Can't you tell? I'm enjoying the sun and the butterflies." The answer didn't even shock him anymore. At the beginning of meeting the girl he just thought it was an act she was playing to lure people in, but it wasn't. She truly had the purest outtake on life that was possible.

"Useless. Don't you have better things to do?" The girl rolled her eyes as she stood up finally looking the boy in the eyes.

"Just because I don't enjoy sucking the life out of people it doesn't mean everything I do is useless. This is actually quite healthy, it calms the mind." The boy looked at her confused. What could be so bad that she would need to clear her mind? The girl's life was all rainbows and sunshine, she had no demons and no darkness inside of her.

Or did she?

Alec opened his mouth about to say something snarky back but he was cut off by Carlisle who opened the door with a loud thud causing the two teens to turn their eyes in his direction. Natalia moved a couple of steps in the direction of her father figure worried something bad had happened.

"Carlisle? What happened?" A contagious smile spread through his face happy with the news he was about to tell the girl.

"I spoke with them, they're letting us leave." The blonde's golden eyes widened with happiness and she twirled around feeling nothing more but relief and happiness.