Everyone has a dark past

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Marriage is a place where the savage winds cease, where no clouds can block the warmth of the evening rays. It is a place where the sun may set with no fear of the darkness to come. Where one soul can whisper to another in a language only its mate can truly hear. A place where togetherness means peace.

It had been a couple of months since the battle with the newborns and since that day Alice has been on her tiptoes running around preparing for the wedding. There were moments when Edward and Bella would just leave so they wouldn't have to listen to Alice's constant questions about the wedding. But of course, when they left it would mean that Alice would have to ask someone else about their opinion on the size of the cake or even the colour scheme of the flowers and that person just happened to be Natalia.

And of course, the girl didn't mind. She was more than happy to help out. She loved weddings and thought about the day she would get married since she was a little girl. She had always wanted a fairy tale type of wedding and didn't want to use "Till death do us part" claiming it was too morbid for her. She wanted the fairy tale "and they lived happily ever after." Because why start a life of love by thinking about death?

The girl opened the door and saw Edward standing in front of the windows looking out into the forest. She smiled leaning against the door frame.

"Well, you're nervous." The boy turned around to look at his sister with a laugh.

"That noticeable?" Giggling while walking forward the girl nodded.

"I don't need Jasper's abilities to see that you're nervous." The boy let out a sigh as he looked forward. Natalia stood on his right and looked down to see Alice making Bella try on her wedding heels again but the poor girl was having a hard time walking in them.

"You shouldn't be worried, Edward. You're about to take part in one of the best things in your life. Marriage isn't just a ring worn or a paper signed. It is not something endured but savoured. It is the union of two hearts beating as one, each that would sacrifice for the other's happiness and well-being. You are about to take part in something so beautiful that in the natural world, it would be an opening rose, always with radiant petals left to unfurl to a warm sun. Perhaps that is why we give roses to those we love and often have them at our sacred unions. Marriage is the blessing we give to one another, an eternal bond of soul-mates." Edward looked down at his sister from the corner of his eyes with a saddened look as she looked into the forest with a longing look.

"You think about marriage a lot don't you." Looking down at the ring that was on her finger the girl let out a sigh before looking up at her brother with a sad look.

"Well, I did nearly get married once..."

♡♡♡♡♡

Edward stared at Bella with an unknown to her look. He knew that if his story about his past wouldn't affect her decision about her humanity that meant he had to say one more story. A story he doesn't know his sister would be okay with saying.