Red is Coming

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

With a smile framing her face Natalia opened her mouth to speak for the first time since classes ended. "Have you spoken to anyone else about this Ali? Carlisle at the very least?" Alice laughed grabbing the blonde's arm and pulling her in the direction of the cafeteria with a grin on her face.

"Well no, only you and Jasper know but we're about to tell Bella and Edward! Besides... as long as you know the party will come through." Natalia raised her eyebrow looking at her sister amused as they entered the cafeteria.

"Really? And why's that?"

"Because with your abilities and sense of style, we'll be able to do the best party ever!" Alice's answer made the two laugh as they got closer to Bella and Edward who were sitting beside Bella's friends who consisted of Mike, Angela, Eric, and Jessica. 

The blonde barely knew the group but she did see them often or even hear the gossip they spread about her and her family. 

The two girls sit down, Alice sitting down with a wide smile on her face beside Bella and Natalia by Alice.

"We've decided to throw a party." When Alice spoke up Natalia looked over at Edward with a knowing look as Mike's, Angela's, Eric's, and Jessica's smiles fell off their faces.

"After all, how many times are we going to graduate high school? It's only right for a celebration." Alice smiles over at her sister as Edward looks down amused by Natalia's comment.

"A party? At your place?" Natalia tears her eyes from her brother to look over at her with a sweet smile when she hears Angela speak

"I've never seen your house," Jessica said as she looked between the three Cullen's sitting at the table.

"No one's ever seen their house." When Eric said that Natalia noticed their unsure glances so she waved it off with a small wave as she spoke.

"Well don't worry it's not like we live in some old haunted house that's going to eat you up." Edward puts up a serious face when Alice smiles happily.

"Another party, Alice?" The two girls look back at their brother with teasing smiles.

"It'll be fun," Alice said with a slight grin.

"Yeah. That's what you said last time." As Bella said that Alice leaned back staring into the table meaning she was getting another vision. Bella notices this and tries to get the attention off the pixie-haired girl.

"Hey, Angela?"

"Yeah?

"Do you need some help with those?" Alice blinks a couple of times and looks back at the blonde with a knowing look. Alice saw something that wasn't pleasant and by the look on Edward's face, it must have involved Bella. The sound of the bell ringing interrupts the girl's stare-off. Natalia forces a small smile while standing up.

"You'll have to excuse us, a party won't prepare itself on its own after all." Alice starts walking first with Natalia walking shortly after. As she leaves the table she and Edward share one last look that doesn't go unnoticed by a confused and intrigued Bella. 

When the two are at a safe distance to talk Natalia looks over at Alice with a questioning look wanting her to explain what she saw. With a worried look, Alice looks around the room to make sure no one is around to eavesdrop and when she doesn't see anyone she looks back at Natalia and what she says makes the blonde's eyes widen.

"Victoria is coming." Natalia knew what this meant and she knew exactly what the consequences of this would be. 

There was going to be a fight.

And just when she thought her life could be somewhat normal this just had to happen and ruin the plans.

♡♡♡♡♡

The tension was so thick in the room that it would suffocate a normal human. Natalia stared down with her eyes calculated, she knew with just one wrong move she would lose. Her opponent noticed her distress making a smirk appear on his snow-like face.

She lifted her hand hovering it over one of the pieces. Every single move that she could imagine ended up with her losing making her clench her fist frustrated.

She groans loudly falling back onto the couch with her hands over her eyes.

"That's it... I surrender..." His loud laugh echoed through the nearly empty room. Natalia looked between her fingers with a glare that wouldn't even make a baby scared. It was quite amusing for him to see the girl lying lifelessly on the couch with her blonde messy hair spread over the grey couch and a slight pout on her face.

"It's unfair Jasper... You always win!" Jasper leaned back with his arms behind his head and a very evident proud smirk.

"I'm sorry dear but you should know you shouldn't pick fights that you know you'll not win." The blonde sits up with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't get it! I always lose with you! I even win against Edward and he can read my thoughts after all." Jasper looked back at the girl to see the innocent confusion written over her face. He chuckled lightly at her innocence. She looked so innocent that it was so hard to believe she was oh so deadly dangerous.

"That's because he doesn't like to cheat. And I'm also more talented than Edward." He wasn't going to tell her Edward was always letting her win so he could see her wide smile and eyes sparkle proudly. She, of course, believed his lie no reason why she shouldn't and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess your right."

The sound of the door being loudly closed made the two vampires look away from their game to see Edward walk in with a stone expression. Natalia shifted in her position bringing her knees up to her chest.

"So? Is she going to Florida?" The blonde already knew about the plan to send Bella to her mother's house in Florida for the duration when Alice saw Victoria arriving. It was the safest for the girl to be as far away from the red-haired vampire that was trying to kill her.

"Yes. Only if I go with her... She's just so stubborn." Natalia furrowed her brows as Jasper raised his eyebrow at his brother because of what he said. With Edward gone it would come to them as a disadvantage, Edward has always been known to be the fastest in the coven. It would be much easier for Edward to catch her than for the rest even being together.

Jasper must have been thinking the same as Natalia because he furrowed his brows as he thought it through before speaking. "Well, that certainly isn't good... With your speed and the ability to read her mind and knowing her next move catching her would be much easier." Edward lets out a heavy huff knowing this perfectly.

"Well I can't just let her stay here either, and you know exactly how stubborn she is. She won't go if I don't go too."

"And we understand that perfectly well Edward, you love her and want to protect her. But you also have to understand with you being gone we might not catch her even with our numbers being higher." Edward looked over at his sister with a barely visible smile nodding.

"I know that perfectly well." Natalia nodded with a grin.

"Good. We wouldn't want you coming back and being all grumpy." She looked over at Jasper and her smile widened. She moved the chess board with her mind so it was now in the middle of her and Edward and made all the chess pieces go back to their original place.

"So, would you care for a little game of chess? I'm in a mood for winning." Edward raises his eyebrow as Jasper laughs.