10| Talk about what?

『 10| Talk about what.? 』

The snow makes me feel like I'm in a cloud

The snow makes me feel like I'm in a cloud. That was one of the most intense conversations I've ever had in my entire life. I still can't believe how someone can be so cruel. I mean, you have to let people be who they want to be.

"Grace!" I hear Kyle shout. I sit up straight, leaning on my elbows and looking at him. Kyle walks up to me and mumbles something that I can't understand. "I beg your pardon." He gives me his hand and pulls me up. "I said, your brother wants you to bring flowers to the Blythe's house."

"Now?" I ask, wanting to go to my bed and never leave it ever again. Kyle nods and hands me the flowers. "We better eat something that I like tonight, or I'll jump from first floor of the barn." I pout.

"Did you know that he would return?" I ask, as we slowly walk towards the gate. "I know he was back yesterday and that he would probably go back to school, I have my sources." Kyle opens the gate for me and says, "I also heard that he brought some other people back."

"Oh, it's almost Christmas" I say, and I wiggle my eyebrows. "We'll talk about that later." Kyle gives me a playful push, so I'll go. "See you later." I say and wave him goodbye. "Bye, Grace."

"Ms. Cuthbert?" I ask, when I see a woman walking through the gates of Gilbert's house. She turns around and smiles at me, "Grace, nice to see you." I give her a tight hug, when I pull back I ask, "what are you doing here?"

"I was planning to ask Gilbert to spend Christmas at Green Gables." She explains. I remember that Gilbert and I always spend Christmas together when we were younger. My brother and I came to his house and we would bring some apple pie for dessert.

John loved my brother's apple pie, he said that it tasted like little pieces of heaven. I miss those days. The days where I didn't overthink too much about things. Ms. Cuthbert snaps me back into the real world by asking what I was doing here. "Nothing special." I tell her.

We decided to walk to the house together and I knock on the door. Sebastian opens the door wearing some familiar clothes. One day, me and Gilbert had a snowball fight, and John said that it was freezing and that we had to come inside to warm up. He was wearing the same clothes that Sebastian is wearing now.

Ms. Cuthbert's face goes pale when she sees Sebastian. "Good day to you, ma'am." Sebastian says to Ms. Cuthbert. "Oh... hello." She managed to get out. Sebastian looks over to me and says, "you must be Grace." I smile and nod, "and you must be Sebastian."

Ms. Cuthbert takes a deep breath and says, "are you.." Sebastian finish what Ms. Cuthbert started, "my name is Sebastian. I'm Gilbert Blythe's friend." He looks like he is a friendly man, and someone you can have good conversations with.

"His friend?" She asks, Sebastian nods and tells Ms. Cuthbert, "Yes. I live here now. We met when we were both working on the ship, on our way to Trinidad." I knew I had the right address. An 'oh' leaves Ms. Cuthbert's mouth and she turns to me.

"Is Gilbert home?" I ask, showing him the flowers I brought. His smile grows bigger and he says, "of course, yes." He takes a few steps back and shouts, "Blythe!" He shifts us quickly a look, "there are some people for you."

I hear footsteps coming from the hall and then I see Gilbert appear next to Sebastian. He looks at me first and then turns to Ms. Cuthbert. "Ms. Cuthbert! What a pleasant surprise." He is wearing a blue shirt with black suspenders. "Hello, Gilbert. Welcome home."

He nods at me, thanks Ms. Cuthbert and says, "I see you've already met Sebastian." He turns to his friend with a big smile. "Won't you come in?" Ms. Cuthbert shakes her head and says, "oh, thank you, I-I just came by to see if you'd like to join us for Christmas dinner at Green Gables."

He lets out a sigh and says, "that's... that's very kind of you to offer." There is a small silence and I see that Olivia has joined us with her presence. She mouths 'hi' to me and walks past Gilbert and Sebastian to make her way over to the barn.

"And of course you're welcome to join us... Sebastian." Sebastian chuckles and says, "I'd be delighted." Ms. Cuthbert let's out a sigh in relief and says, "very well, then." She turns around and Gilbert tells her to have a good day.

"Grace, good to see you." Gilbert says, and he looks at me with those dazzling eyes of him. "Won't you come in?" I nod and walk inside. "Erm, I brought some flowers as a welcome home." I hand him the flowers and he laughs,"Lilies."

I almost forgot, we planted lilies around our tree as a shield from the outside world. "So how was it in Trinidad?" I try to start a conversation. "It was fun. I met some nice people." When Gilbert says that, he looks over to Sebastian.

"So, you've also met Olivia." I slowly nod, thinking about the conversation we had the other day. There is this silence, but it isn't awkward, it is quit comfortable. "Do you- ehm." He takes a deep breath before he finishes his sentence. "Do you think we should talk about it?"

I tilt my head, not getting where he is going. "About what?" Millions of things go through my head. About what does he wants to talk? Does he know that I talked to Olivia? Is he going away again? Maybe he thinks that my breath smells. See, I told you that I over think things. "I wanted to talk about the kiss."