8 | Tea Time

『 8 | Tea Time 』
❝ Am I the only one that is concerned about my knee? ❞

『 8 | Tea Time 』❝ Am I the only one that is concerned about my knee? ❞

The door opens and Anne is in the opening. She takes a step back as a sign that me and Diana can come in. "May I take your coats?" She asks us, closing the door. "Why, thank you." Diana says, taking off her hat, as I do the same. "I trust your families are well?" "Quite well, thank you kindly." I answer, giving her my hat. She puts our coats and hats on the rack and walks to the tea table.

When I saw the table, my jaw dropped. "Your table is exquisite." "How can you make these beautiful things?" I ask her. "Says the girl that runs a flower business. Those flowers have a nice place in the house by the way." I giggle. "Won't you please sit down whilst I set the tea to steep and fetch the cordial? There are so many responsibilities when one is hosting company."

Diana and I sit down the beautiful decorated table and admire the food that is on the table. Anne comes back with a bottle of red liquid. "What is it?" I ask, pointing at the bright red bottle. "Cranberry juice." "I can't drink that." My face changes from happy to sad. "I'm allergic to Cranberries. It looks so delicious, but then my throat will be as fat the snow that is outside."

So the girls drank a lot of the juice. I on the other hand was more of a cookie fan. After a lot of glasses I had the feeling that something was wrong with Diana and Anne. "And we very much hope it won't be a harsh winter this year." "Winter can indeed be savage." Anne nods deeply. "Please, allow me." Anne fills another glass with liquid for Diana and her.

"I love bright-red drinks, don't you?" "If I could answer that, I would." I say, joking. "They just taste twice as good as any other color." "Je vous remercie de vos belles manières." "That's french!" "You speak french?" I ask with an amazed smile on my face. "Oui. Je parle Français couramment." "I totally do not understand what you just said. But whatever you said, I love it."

"Mother plans to send me to finishing school in France." Diana takes another sip of her drink. "Really? Will you take me with you? You have to take me!" "You guys really have to stop drinking that stuff. It makes you go loco." I say, chuckling.

"I could drink this for the rest of my life. Give me another round." Diana says. Anne gives Diana a new drink and from this moment everything went a little crazy. "I decided that I LOVE being a women." Anne says, over dramatically. "There is so much to look forward to." Here it comes.

"Bosoms!" They both begin to guffawing. I take the bottle of liquid and smell the top of it. A deep odor of alcohol comes in my nose. "Oh my!" I say standing up. "There is alcohol in this drink." I put the bottle down and take their glasses. "What! There is no way that there is alcohol in this. Marilla doesn't even have alcohol in house. You're just saying something because you can't drink it." Anne said, very, dramatically.

"You're just saying that because you're drunk. Let me get you some water." "I forgot the tea." Anne said.

So... long story short I fell asleep in a chair. I was trying to calm them down, but it didn't work. It only made them more hyper active. Never let kids drink alcohol. I open my eyes and see Anne walking out of the closet with scarfs and blanket over her body. "Jerry, hurry and hitch up the buggy." She said.

"Or I shall be late for the ball!" I chuckle, and stand up. "Jerry, fetch me some rose water before I have a fainting spell." They started dancing with each other, and I got to say that it looked really fun. They both took one scarf and putted it on me. I just let it happen, it couldn't be easier to stop them and let them sleep. One scarf was around my head, and the other one on my arm. They didn't really tied it up good so it fell on the ground. When Diana wanted to pick it up she just lied down on the ground.

Then they began to sing. I heard footsteps and I looked up. Mrs. Barry stands in the door opening with a shocked look. "Mother!" Diana turns around to face her mother straight. I wanted to stand up, but then I fell on the ground because of the scarfs. A flash of pain rushes through my knee. I scream the pain out of me, and I lie on the ground.

Both Anne and Diana were standing in the middle of the living room, just at the place mrs. Barry putted them. I on the other hand, wasn't drunk and I couldn't stand. There was a doctor on the way here and now I'm lying on the couch, listening to their conversation.

"As you can see, this is a disgraceful scene." Mrs. Barry says, walking from side to side. "My word, Anne. You certainly have a genius for getting into trouble. Is there a doctor on the way?" Marilla asks. "Your... charge... is a bad influence on my daughter."

"Anne made an honest mistake. I'm to blame." Said Marilla, trying to make thing better. "This is the last time my Diana will ever set a foot in your house." "Please mrs. Barry. I didn't mean to set Diana drunk, or do something to Grace her knee."

"You are not a fit little girl for Diana to associate with." I sigh and say, "it wasn't even on purpose." "Moreover... the girls are not to sit together at school. They are not to fraternize in any manner at any time." I gasp and put my hand over my mouth.

"I don't disagree that the girls should be punished for all that has transpired. Might I suggest a duration for two weeks?" Marilla asks hopefully. "I must preserve my Diana from the contamination of further intimacy with such a child. My judgement is final!" Mrs. Barry takes Diana out of the house. Diana and Anne both don't want this but they have no choice now.

"Am I the only one that is worried about my knee?" I ask. Anne burst in tears and runs upstairs. "Is that a yes?"

The conclusion is that Anne and Diana aren't allowed to see each other anymore. And my knee isn't broken but it does needs to rest. My brother isn't home tomorrow, and Kyle has a day free, so I am going to the Blythe's house. I can rest there, but isn't possible for me to go to school yet, but in a few days I can go. I'm glad I can stay at the Blythe's house, John feels like a father to me.