8| little pixie

『 8| little pixie 』
❝ that's not why I'm here. ❞

Today I have to go to school again

Today I have to go to school again. I stayed home for two days because I didn't feel like coming out of my room. My brother thought I was just sick and said that Kyle was taking care of me. That was a bad idea because me and Kyle have this good friendship, and that's why he let me stay home for two days. I have written a book in those two days. It was the best feeling I've ever had in days.

Writing all day and knowing that it is a good story. Anne was my inspiration. I wrote her a love story with a happy end. A happy end that she deserves more than anyone. My happy end? That will come someday. Someday that I don't have to worry about it now.

A smile creeps up my face, although I know that I'm going to be late for class. I feel the snow on my face, slightly melting. My new institution: keep on thinking positive. That will make things easier in life. Stop thinking negative about myself, it's a waste of time. The sound of my boots carving in the snow is the most satisfying sound ever.

I see someone walking, far ahead of me, very slowly, almost like the person doesn't want to move. I walk a little faster and I can already see that it's a girl. My curiosity wants to know who it is, so I rush my steps a little. I casually walk past her and then turn around.

By just seeing her freckles I know it is Anne. "Hi, An-" I stop when I see her hair that is cut short. "What happened?" I asked in shock. It looks like she could almost cry and she doesn't get the words out of her mouth. "I know. It looks hideous." She wipes away a tear and scratches her neck.

"No, it doesn't look hideous, at all." I try to comfort her. I take off her hat and smile. "You know what you look like?" She tries to hide the fact that her hair is very short by putting her hand on her hair. "You look like a pixie." She scoffs and takes her hat back. "You don't have to try to pep me up."

"No, I mean it. You're my sweet little pixie."

"Surely it can't be that awful?" Diana asks when I hang up my coat. It took me a while to get her to the door of the school, and I also wasn't really good comforting her. "I'm a monstrosity, Diana. In fact, you best forget me now and forever. I'd never, ever want to bring this humiliation upon you too."

Diana sighs and says, "best take off your hat." Fear meets Anne's eyes and she slowly removes her hat. Diana's face is shocked and I laugh. "Was my reaction just as hers?" I ask Anne, but she doesn't respond. Diana looks at me with an questionable look and an idea pops into my head.

I take off Diana's ribbon and Diana says, "I made a promise... never to forsake the thee." I tie the ribbon around Anne's head and bite my lip, hopefully she feels a little more confident now. "Besides... it's only hair. It'll grow back soon enough."

"Not nearly soon enough."

I walk to the classroom and see a new face. A long haired brunette is sitting on my table talking to Josie. "Hi" I say and I wave to Josie. "Glad you're back." She says, giving me a hug. "This is Olivia..." she points at the new girl. "She came to Avonlea with-" Josie didn't finish her sentence and a big silence filled the room.

People gasped and I heard Josie say, " oh my". I turn around and see that everyone is looking at Anne. She walks past me and that's the moment I realize, I realize that Gilbert is back. My heart skips a beat and I face palm myself for not noticing him. "Anne" He says. That's the name you want to hear when you see the person that you have kissed last.

"You're back." Anne says, looking and sounding shocked. Now she's the one being shocked. "Yes. Hi." He greets Anne, looking at her hair. "There's no gold!" She quickly says, not wanting it to be a surprise for him. "I-I know. I-I heard." He stumbles. "That's not why I'm here." He finally makes eye contact with me and I show an awkward smile.

He looks back at Anne and says, "it's really good to see you." When his eyes meet mine again I want to say something, but Mr. Phillips interrupts me. I quickly go to my seat before that Olivia girl can sit on my place and open my book. I watch Gilbert take his seat in the corner of my eye.

All though people are talking loudly, I can hear Mr. Miller whisper my name. He walks over to me and hands me my book. "I thought you might wanted this back." He chuckles, I gasp and take the book. I didn't know where I left it, I thought that I had lost it. "Thanks"

"It appears we have a new boy in class today." Laughter comes out of kids mouth, but not out of mine. "How rude." I whisper underneath my breath. "Are you sure you're sitting in the right place, young man?" Gilbert heard what I whispered under my breath and turns his head to me.