5| Gilbert Blythe

『 5| Gilbert Blythe
"Wherever the spirit moves me."

Somewhere in Trinidad

"Boy, stop skylarkin'." Gilbert looks behind him and walks over to Sebastian. "Wow, this place looks amazing." He takes over a barrel. The smell of all the food brings a smile on Gilbert's face. "Just the beginning, my friend." Gilbert puts down the heavy barrel and says, "you look underwhelmed." Bags sighs. "What do you want me to do, dance?"

"It's been two years." "Yes, I'm very happy to be home. But you? You'll cry when you have to leave." A girl behind them chuckles and shakes her head. "What are you laughing at?" Bash asks. "You'll be crying too. Trinidad will get into your souls." She shrugs and takes a barrel.

You're probably wondering, who the hell is that girl? Let me tell you. Her name Olive and her dad owns the boat that Gilbert and Bash are working on. Normally she wouldn't be with the workers but she did something 'bad'.

Her father punished her for being different and this is another one. She has to work with them or else he will do worse things to her. Even worse than he did to someone that Olivia loves with her whole heart. But what did she do wrong?

"Oh! Sea leg and seashore ain't friend, you know." Gilbert balances the barrel and almost falls. "I just need to... get my balance." "You need more than that with your magwa self. You catch a stiff breeze, you're gone." Gilbert scoffs and says, "I'm not that skinny."

"I'll find you some good Trinidad bush medicine." They walk over the harbor of Trinidad with their heavy barrels. "When I was a boy, I would come down here every day." Bash tells the two as Gilbert the people admires. "I had no idea such a place could exist!"

"Bet you never thought you'd find yourself this far from- hey, what the name again." "Avonlea." Olive answer's for Gilbert. "I used to shop her for my mom. Every ingredient she cooked with had to be fresh. Nothing stale in her kitchen."

"All these smells are making me hungry." Olive complains as she looks at the food that is surrounded her. "You have anything good to eat up on Princess Bella?" They walk to a big cart and hand some people the barrels. "Well, I like potatoes.

"C'mon, potatoes? Give me something to work with here!" Before they walk further one of the people gave Olive a wink. She rolls her eyes in disgust and catches up with the others. "What's wrong with that?" Gilbert asks. "Nothing. Crab nice when you cook it up right." Olive loves Sebastian's accent. It reminded her of someone.

"Like mommy's crab callaloo. Sunday food. She'd boil down a pile of dasheen leaves in coconut milk, throw in some onions, garlic, okra-" "Stop! You're making me so hungry that my stomach wants to eat my other guts."