12 | Fight!

『 12 | Fight! 』
❝ Do I look like nobody? ❞

Me and Gilbert are walking back from the store

Me and Gilbert are walking back from the store. We have a bag full of stuff. Gilbert, being a gentleman, is caring the bag. I just wanted to start a conversation with him, but then Billy had to ruin my plan. "Hey, Gilbert!" Billy says. I look at Gilbert and sees that he ignores the boy and just walks further.

"How's it going, Blythe?" He asks. I mentally face palm because of the stupid question Billy just asked. His father died and he thinks that he is going to answer that question. "Fine." I answer with a fake smile. "Did it looked like I asked you?" I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out. "You've gotta come back to school, bud. That ugly orphan's out of control."

"What do you care?" Gilbert asks. "We need a guy to show her she's not so smart." "She's smart. Deal with it." I chuckle and shake my head. "Why you gotta be like that, bud?" "Why don't you bust out a book and take care of it yourself?" I say. "Again, not talking to you."

"No, she's right. Take care of it yourself." "Yeah, right. Good one, bud." Gilbert stops and turns around to Billy. "I'll give you a tip, OK?"
"Yeah." "I'm not your bud." Oh, we are officially stopping? "Yeah, right." Billy chuckles. "And if you ever hassle Anne again..." I say, waiting on Gilbert. "That's your qui." I whisper. "You'll regret it."

"Yeah, right." "Yeah, right." Gilbert says seriously. He shakes his head and starts walking again. "What's your problem?" "Ask me that again. No, seriously. Go ahead." "Why you gotta be like that?" Gilbert raises his voice and says, "ask me!" I jump a little of Gil's reaction.

"Come on, bud. I don't get you. Seriously, what's your problem?" Gilbert stops and turns around. He throws the bag with stuff to Billy, and he punch him in the face. "Gilbert?!" I say, shocked. Billy throws the bag to me and tackles Gilbert. "Guys, stop it!" I shout.

The boys fall on the ground and Billy punches Gilbert in the face. "That's enough!" I say, walking to them, and kicking Billy of Gilbert. Gilbert takes the opportunity to climb on top of Billy and he gives him one last punch in the face. Gilbert stands up and grabs the bag out of my hands. "Let's go!" He said, grabbing my hand and storming away, dragging me with him. "What was that all about?"

"People should think before saying things to me." I stop walking, what causes him to stop too. "I don't think that you're only talking about Billy, are you?" "It's just- it's Anne. She said that I was lucky, what I'm clearly not. I have nobody." Nobody? I sigh and let go of his hand, that I was holding.

"Grace. Grace, wait up!" He says, walking after me. "What did I do wrong?" I laugh and shake my head. "Do you really have to think of that?" Gilbert exhales deeply and gives me those eyes, if you know what I mean. "I have nobody? So-" I stop talking for a second to make my words come out of my mouth.

"Do I look like nobody? I've been here for you all this time. And when I needed you, you were gone. Now, I don't know if it is on purpose, or if it is a coincidence. Whatever it is, I don't like it."

"This is not about you. Did you forgot that my father just died? I have these feelings now that I rather don't have. The thing is that I can't loose it. I just want everything back to how it used to be. So, it seems to be that we both have our own problems." With that, he walks away.

Leaving me speechless from what he just said. This the first time he raised his voices to me. Please, let this be a fight that goes over. One that belongs to normal friendships. If that was one, I should give us time. Then we'll grow back to how it ever was. Hopefully.