2 | You're back!

『 2 | You're back! 』
❝ That girl worked herself in some deep trouble. ❞

Today is the day

Today is the day. The day that Gilbert is coming back from his trip with his dad. I'm going to him before school starts. That's what I always do. But this time I bring some special tea with me. I know that Gilbert's dad loves that tea.

Yes, my uncle is still alive. Adam arrived just on time yesterday. If he didn't came, Charles would've died. He is our only relative left. If Adam wasn't old enough to take care of me, we would live with him.

"Grace, I'm leaving. If you want a lift then you have to come downstairs now." Adam shouts from outside. I gather my stuff together and put on my coat and hat. "You know, I really appreciate that you want to bring me to Gil. Normally, people don't do that." I say, stepping through the door. "Well, we are not normal."

"Is that a new hat?" Adam asks, looking at my hat. "Yes it is. I bought it at a store, yesterday, in Charlottetown." I explain, fixing my hair. "You went to Charlottetown yesterday?!" He asks, not sure if it was a question, or just a mad sentence. "Yeah, But not alone. I was with Kyle." "Like that is even better. Were the jobs and chores done?" I chuckle and nod.

I wave at my brother and turn around. The house of my best friend is in front of me. He is back. He left me one the anniversary of my parents death. But he didn't meant to. He's back. That is all what count. I inhale deeply and exhale before I start to walk towards the door. I stare at the door a few seconds before knocking on it.

The door flies open and before I know I'm in the air, spinning. When my feet are on the ground again I see the face of the one and only Gilbert Blythe. My smile is so big that I think an elephant can even fit in it. "You're back!" I say exited. "Yeah and you got a new hat. What else is new?" He asks, staring at me from my head to my feet.

"Let me guess." He says, acting like he is actually guessing what is new. "Your hair?" I laugh. "Not really. I only have it down instead of up in a ponytail." "Both gorgeous." He pulls me into another hug, again. I blush into his coat. It's good that he can't see my red head right now. "I have to do some stuff here, but you can already go to school. Then you won't be late."

"Alright. Do you want to meet after school at our tree?" I ask. "Yeah, I just can't stay long. I need to be here for my father." He explains. "I think I can handle that." We give each other one last hug and then I walk out of his house.
Yes, I know what you're thinking. Gilbert Blythe is a hugger? Not really actually. He only is when he hasn't seen someone for a long time.

The door flies open and everyone is staring at the two persons that are walking through the door. Gilbert and Anne. They stand still in front of the opening and have a small chat. But that chat couldn't last longer because the boys had to interrupt them. "Gilbert!" They say. "How was the district of Alberta? Did you see the Rocky Mountains?" Moody asked him. "They're pretty hard to miss." "Were they big?" "They're mountains." I comment, walking over to them.