3 | flowers

『 3 | Flowers 』
❝ Now tell me something more about princess Cordelia. ❞

Anne didn't came to school yesterday

Anne didn't came to school yesterday. I'm really concerned, so I'm planning one going to her house today. My brother is out of town so he won't notice that I'm not going to school today. And Kyle, he always thinks that I'm going to school. If I just leave on time and come back then there isn't anyone that finds out. Except for the people on school, they'll know that I'm not there.

"Hi miss Cuthbert. Is Anne home?" I ask Marilla, when we walk into each other at the gate of there garden. "Yes, she is. Please don't make your visit too long. And if your back home, say hi to your brother for me." I nod. "I will and thank you." I open my basket and take one of the flowers out of it. I hand it over to Marilla. "I got this for you miss."

"You shouldn't have done that. Thank you, Grace." I give her one sweet smile before I walk further. I only been here once. It was with Adam, we brought them our season flowers of that year. Normally Adam always goes by houses for the flowers, but that time I went too.

I knock two times on the door, but nobody opens it. I knock again, and more knocks followed. "Anne?" I say, still knocking on the door. I decided to just go in the house and see what is going on. Mrs. Cuthbert said that she was inside. "Anne-" I heard voices coming from the living room, and I walked over to it.

I see Anne, standing on the table with a cloth on her head. "Princes Cordelia, it a pleasure to meet you." She said to herself. "Anne?" She looks at me, and jumps of the table. "Grace, what are you doing here?" "I have some flowers for you- What is that smell?" I ask, looking around me for something that could smell that bad. "The oven!" She runs to the kitchen and opens the oven. Smoke jumps out of it. I put down the basket with flowers and run to the door. "I'll open the door." I say, opening it.

"How can I be so stupid?" Anne looks sad at the burned food. "You're not stupid, Anne. You just forgot to get the-, whatever it might was, out of the oven. These kind of things happen to all of us." I put my hand, comforting, on her shoulder. "No, Marilla told me to get it out and I forgot."

"Now there is food for the pigs." I laugh, but Anne couldn't laugh at my joke. "Maybe it's better if you leave." "I'm not gonna leave you like this." I tell her. "I don't even get why Your here." I tilt my head and give her a smile. "I was concerned. What if something bad happened. But, nothing bad happened. Now tell me some more about princess Cordelia." A smile grows on Anne's face, and she starts to tell the story about Cordelia, with a lot of passion.

"I hope to see you on school soon." I tell Anne when I put on my coat. "I promise that I'll think about it." I chuckle and shake laughing my head. "See you later." I close the door behind me and laugh when I hear Anne say, "alligator".

I'm glad Anne liked the flowers. It weren't season flowers, but it were very beautiful ones. "Bonjour." I looked around to see where the sound came from. "Hello?" I say, when I couldn't find it. "Up here!" I look up to the barn and see a boy standing on the first floor.

"Oh, hi. Do you work for the Cuthbert's?" He nods and says, "no, I just go from place to place laying in hay." "Sarcasm, I like that. I'm Grace." I tell. "Jerry." "Well, have a nice day, Jerry."