4 | Fire!

『 4 | Fire! 』
❝ What were you thinking going in there, twice.❞

"Grace!" A blurry sound is walking in my ears

"Grace!" A blurry sound is walking in my ears. "Grace, wake up!" I open my eyes and see the face of Kyle. "What?" I ask with my horrible morning voice. "Fire at the Gillis! Put on your clothes and hurry!" Stimulus burns in my skin. I immediately step out of my bed and start to change. Kyle walks out of the room and I hop behind him, putting on my boots.

"We need buckets." I say, running to our cellar buckets. "I already got them. Get the horse!" Kyle commands. I storm to the stable and saddle up two horses. "We need to go to Gilbert first." I run with the horses to Kyle. "We don't have time for that. Now let's go." He hops on one of the horses as I do the same. We storm with the horses to the house of the Gillis, but before I see the house I turn around.

I'm not planning to not get Gilbert. The wind in my hair is cold, but I think when I'm at the house that's on fire everything is going to be very hot. "Gilbert!" I shout, galloping to his house. I see him running towards me with some buckets. The adrenaline rushes through my body. I need to help these people as fast as I can.

I stick out my arm for Gilbert and he grabs it as fast as he can. I pull him up, "do you sit?" I ask him. "Yes." When he says that I race to the house of the Gillis. "What were you thinking?" Kyle says angry when we arrived. "I said that you shouldn't be going to his house but what did you do? You went to his hou-" "shut up. We're trying to extinguish this fire."

Gilbert jumps of the horse and he helps me get off too. Kyle takes the horses to a save place and me and Gil run with the buckets to the others. "Where is the Gillis family?" I ask. "They are still in the house." "We need a ladder!" Adam yells. I storm towards Adam and say, "the Gillis are still in the house. We need to save them from the fire."

"On it!" He says, running to the house. "That's not what I meant!" I shout, but it was too late. Adam was already in the house that is on fire. I can't even think straight, all I want to do is get the people out of the house. I run after Adam, and when I'm inside I knew that I shouldn't have gone in there. I immediately begin to cough deeply.

Running up the stairs and almost falling because I don't look where I step. I see Adam running with one of the Gilles kids. "Ruby!" I shout. "Help! Please help me!" I hear her yelling. I storm to her room and seeing her in the corner of the room. The fire is dancing on the other side of the room. I jump in the room, sticking my hand out for Ruby. She grabs my hand and I pull her close to me.

She coughs very bad, so I lift her up and run outside with her. "Ruby!" Mrs. Gillis said. "Are you okay darling?" She asked her. Ruby nods and hugged her mom. "Where is Adam?" I ask mrs. Gillis. She points at the door and I see Adam walking outside with mr. Gillis. "I got you." He said when he stopped in front of us.

"Give us a hand with the ladder!" A man said. I saw Gilbert running with the ladder, climbing on top of the house. I pulled Adam with me to the other group. "We need Adam! Where is Adam?" Someone asked. "I'm here!" Adam rushes up the ladder to Gilbert. "Get some buckets for Gilbert!"

It all happened so fast. All I know was that I was pulled back by someone. "No time for girls to mess things up." A man said to me. I looked around and saw Anne and Diana. I run towards them and hugged Anne. "Sorry for being so rude yesterday." I said to Anne. "It's okay. What happened to you?" She asked. "I saved Ruby from the fire." I tell them, getting the dust off my clothes.

"Why are the door and windows open?" Anne asked us, looking at the fire. "What?" Diana asks when Anne runs away. I look at what Anne is doing. She takes two blankets and make them wet with some water. "Anne?" I shout. "No! Anne!"

"What is it?" Mirilla comes towards us storming. "It's Anne. It's Anne! She ran inside." Diana explains. "Let me go! I need to get Anne!" Diana and her mom are holding back mrs. Cuthbert but they aren't gonna stop me. I run inside the house and see Anne laying down on the floor. The smoke is getting bigger and it makes me cough bad. I walk to Anne and get her on her feet again.

"Anne, I'm getting you out of here!" I pulled her arm over my shoulder and help her walk outside. "Anne! Oh Anne!" I hear Marilla say. They take Anne over and I walk further. I don't think you can say walk, but I'm doing something that is keeping standing on my feet. "What were you thinking going in there, twice!" I look up and see Kyle's face. Then everything is black.