Ch 34

The video is a small little slideshow I made. I thought it was cute.. So yeah. Please fav, comment, follow

Jackson's POV

For every school function the gym is decorated in tacky blue and silver streamers and balloons. For tonight's banquet they just added some round tables and draped them in table cloths.

The football players had to get here extra early. Coach Bauer spoke to us, saying how proud he was of his team. He seemed really different, of course he's the same scary dude that gives me the creeps, but he wasn't as angry.

As people started to pour into the gymnasium I found a seat a little towards the back. I didn't feel like interacting with people. I was only there because it's was an obligation. I folded my arms and looked around at the people walking in. Everyone looked nice. A lot of the cheerleaders walked in together, all dressed in skimpy little dresses. The band was in attendance too. Basically, everyone that had anything to do with the football team, and then some.

"Hey, man." Kyle said as he walked up to me. "Don't you wanna sit with us?"

"Nah, I'm good." I shook my head.

"You alright?" He asked and took a seat in the chair next to me.

"Yep." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"That was convincing." He replied sarcastically. "This is about Skye isn't it?"

I unfolded my arms and looked at Kyle. "He just walked away from me." I let out. "I fucking poured my heart out in that airport and he just walked away from me like I wasn't even there."

"Maybe you should forget about Skylar. I mean, what's the point of chasing someone who doesn't want to be caught? Don't keep beating yourself up over him."

"I can't just forget. He's the first person I ever loved." I felt my chest aching.

Kyle stared at me with an almost emotionless face. "I'm sorry man. Can I do anything?"

"Nah, I just want to be by myself." I said.

"Alright." He stood. "I'll come check on you later."

He left and I kept doing my depressing routine. In my pocket was small flask. I reached in it and pulled out the cold metal. It was filled with whiskey. I had to be discrete as I brought it to my lips. I took a long swig then let the burning liquid fall down my throat.

"Hey stranger." I heard a girl say from behind me. I turned to see Jonna standing there in a rather revealing dress. "I haven't seen you in a while." She said as she sat down.

"I'm not in the mood." I said.

"You're not in the mood for me?" She asked as she trailed a finger up my arm. I grabbed her hand and tossed it off of me.

"Stop." I said sternly.

"I know you're not tripping because of the little goodie-goodie." She rolled her eyes.

"Leave me alone." I told her. "I'm not interested."

"Why not? I'm fine with being a rebound, and I won't hurt you like he did." She reached for me under the table. I grabbed her wrist and tugged her away from.

"I said I'm not interested." I glared at her.

"Fine." She snatched away. "I don't want to waste my time with a heartbroken crybaby anyway."

"Yeah, whatever."

•••

Skylar's POV

The competition was just minutes away from beginning. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Aside from our moms, our families were seated in the arena. David and I were on the floor helping each other stretch.