Ch 14 [Coming Down]

Skylar's POV

"Damn, kid. Dad's going to have to buy another trophy case if you keep bringing home all these medals." Kyle said as he put his arm around my shoulder. We walked to the stands where they were sitting. Mom, Carly, Christian, and Kyle came to my competition. It was a decently known meet, a few big names were attending. I took down my competition with ease. Three medals hung around my neck. Two gold, Floor and All-Around, and a bronze, I fumbled a bit on High Bar, I tried to deviate to rack my points back up but it didn't work. As much as Bam had been running through the routine I thought I would at least get the silver.

I walked up the bleachers with Kyle. My mom had her camera ready, snapping pictures before speaking.

"Baby you did great!" she said still clicking the button.

"Cindy Sherman's right, you did great, kid." Carly smiled at me.

"Thanks." I looked down. I've barely spoken to her since Jackson told me. It's so awkward knowing that she knows. I avoid her as best as I can at home. I go to the library during study hall so I won't have to talk to her. She's controlling a part of my life without even trying.

"I say we celebrate." Kyle said breaking the unspoken awkwardness. "Five Guys?" he said hopefully.

"No, I want Chick-Fil-A." Carly protested.

"Skylar is the reason we're celebrating, he should chose." Everyone looked at me.

"It really doesn't matter. I can eat anything right about now." Carly and Kyle bickered as we all headed down the bleachers. My mom held my hand and smiled at me.

A few people waved and congratulated me as we headed outside. It was nice out, the competition ended earlier than I expected. The sun was still beaming, but it was still cold. There was a less than a week left in September, it's colder and colder everyday, sooner or later it'll be sweater weather for months on in.

"What did Bam say?" my mom asked.

"She was expecting me to score higher on Bar so she'll be on me about that." I said as we neared Kyle's truck. "Other than that she was happy for me."

"That's good, I'm just happy th--"

"AAAHHHHHH!" I let out a ear piercing shriek. I don't know what, but an unbearable rush of pain ran up my body from my foot. I hopped on one leg and held my foot. I grew lightheaded when I saw blooding racing through a gash that went through both my shoe and foot. There was a bloody broken bear glass on the ground.

Kyle and Carly jumped out of the truck. Carly screamed at the sight of the blood running down my shoe onto the ground. It stung so bad. Kyle's mouth was gaped open as he ran over to me. My mom was trying to help me keep my balance, she was speechless, and aside from screaming I was too.

"What happened?" Kyle hoisted me up. "Mom let down the tailgate." My mom scurried in her heels to follow directions. I heard her mumble a quick prayer under her breath. Kyle sat me down, I was still holding onto my foot. The crimson liquid was all over my Chuck Taylor's and had covered a lot of my sweatpants. I hadn't even noticed I was crying, tears were running down faster than water in the Nile.

"We have to get your shoe off, baby." My mom said with her hand on her chest. "Carly call 9-1-1!" Carly looked lost, her jaw was on the floor and her eyes looked vague.

"Call 9-1-Fucking-1, do you see my fucking foot?!" I flipped out. My foot was starting to become numb. What if it gets amputated? My life is over because some idiot got drunk and decided to break a beer bottle in front of a gymnastics center. Oh my God.