Ch 7

Carly and Skylar stood in front of the sink, he washed while she rinsed and dried. The water had been running for quite some time. It was the only thing breaking the silence. The two of them hadn't been on speaking terms since the tryouts. Skylar looked at her out of the corner of his eyes then rolled them. It was only matter of time before missing each other was a thing of the past. Skylar had no idea why Carly was mad at him, but he was salty over how she treated him during the tryouts. He did them as a favor for her and she basically tried to shame him. Giving her the cold shoulder and occasionally jabbing her with his elbow was his current way of telling her he was mad.

"Okay, can you not?" Carly said nudging him back.

"If you would move!" Skylar came back with a bump with his shoulder.

"What are you, five?"

"You're going to talk to me about maturity when probably can't even spell the word." Skylar splashed a little dish water on Carly's arm.

She took a deep dramatic gasp and let her jaw fall to the ground. "Skylar that is disgusting!"

"Like that zit, damn it's a big one too." he pointed at her forehead. Carly scowled before grabbing the dish hose and pointing it at Skye. Before he could do or say anything Carly was spraying him. He tried to put his hands up to block the water, but he was already more than drenched.

"Why the hell is going on?" asked their dad coming around the corner from the living room. "I'm trying to watch the game, but I can't hear anything 'cause of you too." The only time he's every really upset with them is when they get in the way of his sports.

"He started it!" said Carly folding her arms.

"Whatever!" Skylar did the same.

They went back and forth nagging and bitching. A headache instantly grew on their dad. He massaged his temple and turned away. He gave up as quickly as he began.

"Honey, you're kids are fighting!" He shouted as he sat back down in his chair. He unpaused the TV, regretting ever trying to intervene.

"I'll wash the dishes for God's sake!" she yelled from her bedroom. "The one chore you have can't be done without fighting."

They both ran upstairs and went straight to there rooms. They both knew they'd be over it in a day or so, but for the time being they hated each other. Skylar heard Carly slam her door causing their mother to yell something up the stairs. He walked over to his mirror and looked at his drenched shirt and sweatpants. He let out a loud grunt and pulled his shirt off and drop his pants. He tossed them in his hamper. It was a lot colder without clothes. Shivering, he grabbed another pair of sweatpants from his dresser. He had a hundred pair of them because of gymnastics. This pair was a dark gray with the Gym's name down the leg in red. He pulled them over his boxers just as he heard a knock. He turned around to see Jackson at his door. Skylar's heart instantly began racing at the sight of him. He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded. He had on a gray sweater with the school's logo on it. The pocket of his blue basketball shorts was hanging out, and his black socks covered the lower have of his hairy legs.

"Kyle wanted to know if you had some sheets he could borrow? He spilled soda all over his." Jackson said staring over at Skye. He hadn't seen Skylar shirtless since they hooked up. Jackson tried to keep his eyes from exploring the younger boys tight body.

"I don't think so, my mom might though." Skylar said looking away. He wanted to avoid him at all cost.

Jackson thought Skye's insecurity was so sexy. He unknowingly licked his lips, Skye's heartbeat started speed up. He didn't know what was going to happen or what Jackson was thinking. The room was completely silent, but both boys heard ringing in their ears. Jackson shook his head and stepped into the room.