Gucci, Prada,Louis vuitton, Channel every luxurious brand had its presence in this closet. I silently make my way towards my suitcase and decide to stick to my clothes. I didnt like the idea of him dolling me up. I was independent and knew better than to accept gifts from a man with a motive. I decided to make myself as unattractive as possible. I didn't put on an ounce of makeup and did not blow dry my hair. It was all wet and entangled, good let him see me like this. I sigh looking at my reflection. It was not like I was unattractive, I knew I passed the average standard but I somehow judged Mr. Rodriguez level and instantly knew angels dropped from heaven suit him better and a regular girl like me..I was far from his 'kind' of a female.

I shake my head and decide not to be so hard on myself. I looked pretty and that's it, it wouldn't matter if people or Mr. Rodriguez himself declares I look like a pig. I glance at the wall clock and note its 11:08, should I head out. Hesitantly I approach the door and open it. Its just dinner, but siting across him and gulping anything edible would be like an insult to his looks. The man deserved complete attention and adoration for having such a beautiful face. when I take a peek outside, the corridor was lit up. Without making noise I head out and start taking baby steps towards the staircase, I feel frightened looking at the gruesome bull and avert my stare to the candles lit near the angles. I can never get accustomed to this place. Whole my life I have been a pampered child, dad showered me with gifts and love while my mom provided for me. they never let me work to pay my tuition fees, they always took care of everything and I never knew I have to see a day like this. My friends always called me a sensitive soul. I never liked the dark and I detested horror movies. Anything strange and abnormal, just made me uncomfortable and it made my gut clench with fear and now, I m trapped with a man who loves all the things I hate. My hand touches the railings and I shiver feeling is gentle roughness. I try observing the strange patterns, they looked so unique one could guess that these were stories imprinted. I find elephants, few tigers and dense forests stitched. There were subtle paintings but depicted a strong message. The intricate details had me awed. Regardless of how Mr. Rodriguez was, the passion he put in making this home was palpable. It was unlike anything I have ever dreamed.

I gently step down the stairs and notice the vibrant lights near the dinning. I don't find Mr. Rodriguez. A sheer black painting catches my attention and I head there. My mind focuses on the way the black fire consumes the plain white canvas. The fumes of this black smoke where in different shapes.One would discard it as insignificant but if you looked deeper they were of specific shapes and they seemed too peculiar and exact to be random. My fingers involuntarily follow the patterns. It almost felt like a female's body.

Suddenly I feel my body heat rise, I find someone's presence close, too close for my liking. I did not dare to turn around. I felt his breath fanning the sensitive curve of my neck. Only one person was brave enough to corner me like this. The one persons domain I am stuck in. I looked at him through my lashes, acknowledging his presence.

I did not utter a word neither did he. The unspoken words hung heavy in the air. I feel him take a step back and I thanked god.

He gestured his hand towards the table and I notice how lavish the delicacies looked. I make my way toward the table, while he makes his way towards the other end. Yes. It better if we are far from each other.

I sit there and gently tuck my hands in my lap. There was sushi, pea noodles, a duck confit, grilled chicken steaks and roasted lamb. My glass was filled with red wine while his looked to have champagne.

I find few servers dressed in an all white uniform with a checkered front. I didn't know he had an entire crew taking care of him, but this place needed maintenance and Mr. Rodriguez certainly didn't looked like the type who would do vacuum and laundry. I don't look his way. My whole contraction was solely occupied on the dishes while a petite woman with dark grey hair was busy serving me my meal. I looked up at her and saw a strict, rigid expression plastered on her face. I tried meeting her eyes but she was all professional. I gave up and silently resort to eating my food. She served me a chicken steak with sushi. I grab my fork and dig in. I don't spare Mr. Rodriguez a glance but his glare pierced right through me. I started feeling uncomfortable and shifted in my seat. It was hard restricting my gaze only to food. It was unlike any meal I had, I loved having heart full conversations and a good laugh while having my meal. Back at home, mom and I always indulged in interesting conversation, we gossiped on everything and at times bitched about our persistent relatives or nosey neighbours. Dad and I shared a special bond too, he was an extremely protective father. He took care of my every need  and at times, he understood things without me saying a word. He loved pinching my cheeks and adored my button nose. I got it from mom. Involuntarily my hand touches my nose and a strained nostalgic smile decorates my face.

Things turned bad now. The only thing I worried back then was my parents separation and my constant attempts to get them back together. They loved each other but few minute disputes made them risk their precious bond. I never asked mom about the reason for their separation but somehow I knew that they misunderstood each other. Despite everything my mom was my dad's entire world while my mom adored my dad. Their egos got in their way and mom was Persistent in being wooed again. She liked men hanging on to her words and dominating them, especially dad. I smile when I recall bits and pieces of how dad used to get her roses and plead for her forgiveness every time she was upset with him, and it was quite often. I wanted what my parents had, I want such purity and loyalty. Despite being separated both of them refused to see others, deep down I know they had a soul mate connection. Their love was irrevocable and eternal, and I wanted something like that. I was a hopeless romantic right from beginning , I believed in fairy tales. I believed in happily ever afters, because they truly exist and I believe I have my Prince Charming waiting for me and I know he will tuck me away from the chaos and build me a fort where we will live our rest of our lives together and have ten children.

I take a sip of my red wine and relish it's rich taste, it melted in my mouth and I was in euphoria. I close my eyes, savouring it's taste and feel dizzy. Slowly I open my eyes and had the misfortune of locking them with intense grey ones. I felt extremely cold now. Our eyes clashed in a heated battle while his was dominantly intruding. His grey specks consumed my entire being. I couldn't look away form him, he refused to let me loose. I was a prisoner to his stare and he observed me with unparalleled intensity. His gaze felt creepy. Wicked.

My hands run down my smooth skin, urging me to get back to reality. How can I forget that the temporary peace I was reliving is stolen by this very man. I gulp and mustering my whole strength look away. I nervously tuck my lose strands behind my ear. My hair was all dry now. The air stood still for a second

"You and I have matters to settle Ms.Craig" his husky voice inflicted the tensed atmosphere. His infectious stare never wavered form me, I felt it. Felt his eyes look right at me, through me. I had a real bad feeling about this conversation and I did not look forward for it. Not the least.

***************

Any guesses what the conversation would be like?

Don't forget to vote