50. Sensual memories

Start from the beginning

"I love you Kookie..."

"I love you too Daehan. I love you a lot," I kiss him once more to put his mind at rest and give him the comfort he deserves. "Do you want me to sing for you to fall asleep?"

"Yes, please..." he nods but grabs the fabric of my t-shirt with his small fingers to stay the closest possible to me.

"Okay, just close your eyes and think about good things," I press my lips on his temple and brush my hand past his painful back, up and down as I started to sing in the softest manner with whispers. I comb his hair and rub my finger on his face, just like Y/N does to him when he needs to be reassured. This always helps him to relax.

-Next day -

I wake up at a soft feeling on my cheek, my eyes opening to let the sunlight blind me, as the shapes of a small body and face formed in my sight. I smile as soon as I realize that Daehan is looking at me and brushing his tiny fingers on my cheek. "Good morning Jungkookie. Have you slept well?"

"Good morning sweetheart. Yes I did," I place my hand on his back and press my lips on his forehead. "What about you, are you okay?"

"Yes," he moves closer and wraps his arms around my neck as I hugged him back. "Thank you for staying with me. The monsters didn't come back."

"I told you. I kept them away from you," I press my lips on his warm chubby cheek of baby. "You must be hungry now, do you want me to cook your breakfast?"

"Yes but," he moves his head back to look at me with his big starry eyes. His features remind me of Y/N so much that my heart cannot help but race at the sight of them.

"Don't I have to go to school?"

"No," I respond after remembering the decision Y/N took. "You're going to stay home for some days. I'll take care of you and pamper you with all the things you need or want."

"Yey!" he throws his arms back around my neck and hugs me tightly, to express a high amount of happiness that I was scared to not see. I straighten up from the mattress and leave the bed with him in my clasp, to head to the door. "What do you want to eat this morning?"

"Rice and grilled short ribs, please," he smiles at me as I joined the living room and couldn't help but landing my eyes on the figure lied down on the bed, sleeping like a cute baby. I peck Daehan's cheek and answer him with a quiet "Okay," while walking up to the kitchen side, small but opened.

"Cuddle is still sleeping?" he looks over her as I took a glance at the inside of the fridge to find what I need for cooking. "Yes, she's a bit tired."

"Oh...is she sick...? What has she done...?" he pouts to show how concern he is about his sister and doesn't take his eyes off of her. I can't tell him the truth though, even if I hate lying to him, he's a kid. "No sweetheart, she just...she ate a lot last night and she needs a lot of time to digest while sleeping."

"Ah okay," a smile finally appears on his face as he landed his eyes on my figure while I'm putting all the ingredients down on the kitchen counter. "What did my cuddle eat without me?"

Oh crap...

"It was..." I gulp down, trying to find something quick and effective to answer him but at the same time, make sure it's not something he would have wanted to eat. "Some bitter and sore food that you would not have liked."

"Hm..." he nods to end this conversation as I felt my temperature increasing in no time because of the subject. "Let's go brush our teeth before cooking my baby," I suggest and leave my first task to go just at my left, and open the door that leads to the bathroom as the little boy I'm carrying isn't retorting. I put him down on the sink cabinet and grab hold of our toothbrushes, to pass the fluffy part under the water and then take our tubes of toothpaste to spread some on it and start brushing our teeth.