7. My Girl

•••

I

watch him play after being done with my job earlier, relaxing on the sofa but hearing him rage over the game in a quieter voice than earlier.

"F*ck..." he sighs and puts his controller down as the game match came to an end, and I notice him grab his phone, lazing the controller on one thigh. I do not focus on him but take my phone as well, not knowing what else to do.

The sound of his phone touching the sofa does not catch my attention more than that, but I look back at the screen once he gets hold of the controller.

He clears his throat, but a pillow gets thrown in my face for no reason. "Are you still mad?"

I get this away from me and glare at this stupid boy. "Are you serious?"

He does not make eye contact, and I send the pillow back at him, but he catches it and use it to have something to hug.

"I'm sorry for calling you a bitch..." he apologizes for what I already forgot, and I fix my eyes on him, not believing what he just said. I remain silent, and after a few seconds, he peeks at me. "Even if you're a little bit of—" my feet kicks his thigh before he could finish his sentence, and he giggles. "I'm joking."

"I apologize for your nuts then," I attempt to keep my smile to myself, but once he looks at me and that I raise my eyes up, we both make eye contact. "Thanks, but I lost one because of you," his answer gets me to laugh against my will. "Oh, I'm sure you don't need both of them."

"Maybe, but that already didn't look great with both, so I can't imagine if one of missing," he takes this seriously, surely just to make me laugh, and I shake my head. "Are we really talking about this right now?"

"Yeah...I'm shy, let's not talk about this area so casually," he pretends to not be confident enough, and I grin out of amusement before looking back at my phone.

- Two days later -

The door opens, but I get greeted by a girl. Who the hell is that? What is she doing in my brother's house?

"Hello, nice to meet you. You're Y/N, right?" she talks in a honeyed voice to make me come in as if I was entering her house. "Who are you?" I rudely ask her. I don't have the time or the mood to be kind with this person.

"She's my girlfriend. Remember?" Jungkook chimes in and wraps his arm around her waist while looking at me with a smile.

I shouldn't be bothered by that but why am I? Dammit. "She has no right to be in my brother's house."

"I asked him, and there's no problem with it," he responds. "Good," I walk by him and go away to get ready to do my job that I think will be tougher like it has never been yet.

•••

Once I get out of my room, I stumble upon them both sitting on the couch, Jungkook keeping his hand on the girl's thigh. I don't even want to stay for a single second in here and see them. Even if I kind of like him for whatever reason, I just deny it and lie to myself. He enjoyed playing with me, and that's really something that I can't bear. From now on, I'm just going to ignore him.

I wander my eyes everywhere else but on them and just do the dishes.

"Y/N?" a female voice calls me from behind. "Yes," I answer under my breath. "Is that yours?" she asks me.