Chapter 1

4 years ago

Natasha Romanoff was forever known as an Agent of Shield, deadliest agent there was or, of course, an Avenger. But nowadays she was just known as Natasha. 

After the events of Thanos, the Avengers decided it was time to hang up their capes. They have done so much for the world, from emotionally risking their lives for people to losing people they deeply care about. They couldn't do it anymore. 

Thor left to find a new home for his people, Clint is back with his family at his farm, Bruce is working at a university, Tony and Pepper settled down someone still keeping an eye on Pepper's company, and then there were the two restless soldiers. 

If you asked anyone, they could tell you that they were the hardest to settle down and relax. Natasha's and Steve's life consisted of fighting. That's how they grew up, not being able to do any of that scares the pair. But nowadays, you can find the pair deep within New York, enjoying a peaceful, and happy life together. 

It was about two months ago when the couple went on their first date. Steve had asked her out, and Natasha couldn't really believe his words, despite the pleading look lacing his face. 

"Steve, you do realize that you are asking out the world's deadliest assassin?" Natasha asked as Steve stood in front of her at the apartment, where they live across from one another, flowers in hand. 

"You're not an assassin anymore Natasha, you haven't been for a very long time," He said, looking at her with those eyes that can make anyone fall to their knees. 

"Okay, Rogers I'll bite. Say I go out with you, what exactly would we do on this so-called date?" She asked, and Steve smiled, like a kid getting candy. 

"Well if you agree to see me, I would take you out for pizza, because I know you aren't much of a fan of fancy expensive dinners, and then I would take you back home where we would go up to the roof, where I may or may not have set up to look like a movie scene and we will dance under the stars because I know how much you love dancing." 

"Thought you didn't know how to dance Rogers." She said looking at him with a sweet smile lacing her face. 

"Well I guess you will have to wait and see now won't you." Steve teased. "Besides I have been practicing." 

"Practicing? For me?" She asked, a bit surprised that someone, especially Steve, would go through all this trouble just for a date with her. 

"I don't wanna step on your toes." He told her, and then there was a bit of silence among the two, however, they were both very comfortable with it. Steve's heart was racing with anticipation. 

"Will it be pizza and dancing every night?" She asked him, continuing to tease the solider for as long as she can. Steve, however, was willing to put up with it in order to get an answer from her. 

"It can be whatever you so desire," he spoke to her with gentleness in her voice, something no one has ever done before. Natasha couldn't help but feel special whenever he talked to her. 

"What will everyone else think about this Steve?" She asked him, and he knew that he was finally beginning to break down her walls. He was getting her attention. 

"Who cares what everyone else would think? Let's just focus on one thing, you and I." He said, and Natasha wanted to melt. These emotions coursing through her veins were new and unfamiliar territory, She was scared but over all ready. 

"Okay, Rogers ill see you at six." 

And so began the new and unusual relationship. No more mission, no doctor, not the past, and definitely not some silly space stones can get in the way of something that was way overdue. now here they were exactly a year later cuddling on the couch watching some romantic comedy, that Steve was more than happy to be watching with her by his side. 

"I am not sure that this is the best way to be spending our one year anniversary," Natasha muttered against his chest, where her face was currently resting. "It's not traditionally what people do to celebrate." 

"Since when have we been traditional Nat? I am over 100 years old, and you are..." He stopped himself before he said her age knowing better, "Besides traditional is boring. We are anything but that." 

"I guess you can say that," Natasha said, as Steve played with her red, blonde locks. She died her hair blonde a while ago, however, her red locks were beginning to show once more. 

"I am sorry that this wasn't what you expected my love, but I didn't want to overwhelm you," Steve said thinking that he was doing something wrong. Natasha smiled to herself which Steve felt against his chest. "What?" 

"You are just so freaking cute Rogers. This is perfect, I am not disappointed, this is very us." She told him with a smile. "as long as I am with you I'm happy." 

"I promise to make you happy for as long as I live." He promised, and at that point is when she started to believe that if she was him she would be happy. Steve had kept his promised for almost two years but a year ago is when everything started going down hill.