prologue

((Please note that this is the first RWBY story I'm making so please bear with me 😂))

Y/N pov (age 9)

Three years...it was three years ago when they found me. The rose family always seemed like the best people in the world,but looks are always deceiving. When my mo-....when summer found me abandoned at the age of six I thought that I had found a family....I couldn't have been more wrong.
And now hear I am on the kitchen floor bleeding like a "pathetic worm" as those bastard children of theirs yang and ruby. As I tried getting up,my legs were barely holding me up,so my wings had to help support me up. Before I could retreat to my room I could hear yelling

Tai: where do you think you're going,freak?! Your uncle and aunt are coming to visit and you're going to make sure they get a proper welcome. You better have something made for dinner before they get here understand?

I slowly nod before turning to walk to the stove. Tai turns to leave but not before punching the back of my head causing me to slam into the stove top

Timeskip (Y/N pov)

After about 2 hours of cooking, I could hear the front door open,which meant qrow and raven had arrived. And of course yang and ruby were so happy to see them again,and they were happy to see the girls. However they couldn't care less about me. Then I heard something that sent a terrifying chill down my spine
Raven:where is the boy?..
To which tai points to the kitchen. Pretty soon I could hear the clacking of heels across the hardwood floor. I turned to greet her,but soon found myself at the end of her crimson blade. She reeled back and swong her sword at me,and I blacked out.
When I came too I had realized that they had chucked me into the attic like they always did when I did something wrong. As I slowly got up I looked to see what raven cut. As I felt around I didn't see any cuts,until I slowly raised my hand up. I then felt it....she cut one of my horns off. I then begin to finally break down into tears. Sure they hurt me and beat me down,but I always had my faunus pride....now I'm left with nothing. At this point I knew there was no denying it now. I had to get out of here,and soon. I quickly packed the only thing I had,a black coat that was found on me when the roses found me. I then quietly opened the window and climbed down the side of the house,using my wings and finding my ground with my feet. Once I hit the floor I took one last look at the house,before sprinting as far away as I could. As I ran for what seemed like hours,I looked up at the broken moon and began to cry. I was all alone again....but I've never felt so...

Y/N:free....IM FREE!!! I I yell at the top of my lungs as I begin to let out a roar. I then looked out in front of me and saw the sense woods that were so close to me. Then with one decision I clenched my fists and began to charge forward,now excited for the future and whatever it may have had in store for me...little did I know I was being watched from behind.

??? POV
As I watch the boy run for the forest now seemingly full of life I let out a sigh and began to walk in the other direction
???:forgive me boy...no...if we do cross paths again I hope you never forgive what we have done to you...be safe and free...let the sapphire start light your way...

Thank you all for reading this,if you have any feedback please let me know.until next time)