I'm charmed and enchanted by you

Start from the beginning

"Like hell you are."

"I'm not your prisoner, I'm allowed to go wherever I want."

"Emma you're free to go wherever you want, but is very dangerous for you to go alone, aren't you listening to what I just said?"

"I'm going."

I saw frustration in Adam's eyes, but I don't care, I have to show him hat I'm not letting him control me.

"Fine, I'll go with you, twenty minutes is all you have, then we return to the hotel."

Out in the street was very loud, I could hear the sound of different musical instruments, mostly drums of all sizes en shapes, people danced along with the rhythm, not caring they were in the middle of the street. Dancers with huge her costumes adorned with feathers danced in ways I didn't know the human body was capable of. I was fascinated, the scene looked like out of a movie, is not everyday you get to see is, at least for me.

In the other hand Adam looked as annoyed as ever, avoiding to step on every dirt that came across his path, giving murderous glares at every person that came a little closer to him.

"Too bad there's no VIP area here." I teased him.

"That's not what bothers me right now, is the crave I have for your lips on mine."

Aaanddd there it goes right to the trash the grin of victory in my face. Adam had a special talent to come up with the best replies, he knew exactly what to say to make me nervous.

I decided to forget about him, it was my last night here I wanted to have fun. I started to move my body with the rhythm of  the exotic music, it was hard first but the my body learned and after a while it came out naturally, I lifted the skirt of my dress a little and placed my hands at my waist. Adam followed behind me, I decided to turn around still dancing and see how badly his irritation was, to my surprise I saw a smirk on his face, he looked into my eyes and smiled I could see a hint of lust in his eyes.

''I'm charmed and enchanted by you. Do you know that?"

I liked the effect I was having on him, I felt in control for he fist time and it was so much fun. I continued dancing hands in my waist while walking backwards, his eyes penetrated mine, his never ending smirk sending shivers all over my body. I was dancing for him and he knew it and enjoyed it very much.

He grabbed a white flower from one of the streets plants and tugged it behind my ear, I smiled at his actions but never stopped my dancing or my glare on him. Because I was walking backwards I ended up crashing into someone, Adam hugged me saying sorry to the person. He then looked at me and said.

"I think it's time to go back."

"Yes." I replied with a smile.

We walked back to our hotel. I noticed Adam I little bit quiet and in deep thought, something was bothering him, I didn't understand, he seemed pretty content moments ago. For a minute I thought of asking what was wrong, but decided to give him his time. If there was something for me to know he'll tell me eventually.

The door to my room was a few steps away when I broke the silence.

"I want to sleep in my room tonight."

"OK." Adam's reply surprised and worried me. I thought he would make every argument possible to make me change my mind and if at the end I still wanted to stay in my room he would just force to go to his.

"Adam, is there something you want to tell me."

He lifted his eyes from the floor, I've never seen him like this, he looked defeated. After giving me a long and desperate kiss that left me even more puzzled he stared talking.

" I'm sorry."

Woow that was shocking Adam McRoberts saying 'I'm sorry'.

"Why?" Was all I could think of as a reply.

"In this trip to Brazil I noticed a side of you that didn't know was there, you always look so full of life, is like you have light coming out of you on its own. Something tells me you've been thought a lot, but I'm amazed to see how positive and carrying you always are. I'll never forget the morning I walked into Demi's room and found you sleeping there with the same clothes you wore the night before, you didn't leave her side because she was afraid of storms, I remember asking myself  'what is this woman made off? After all I've done to her she still cares and protects my daughter, the daughter of a man that humiliated her so much.' I wish I could have a heart as pure as yours, maybe things would have been different now."

"Adam what are you talking about?"

"Tonight your bright smile and your white dress made you look like an angel and I realized I don't deserve someone like you, I can't let my dark soul take over your pure one. For that reason I ..... I decided I should......let you go. You're now free from this marriage, as soon as we return I'll put my lawyer to work on our divorce, and don't worry about the money I paid to you when all this started, that money is yours and you don't have to return a dime to me." He framed my cheeks with this hands looked into my eyes and said. "Please be safe and don't hesitate to reach me if you need anything, I'll always look after you my sweet Emma. Can I kiss you one last time?"

In my surprised stage I only nodded a 'yes' the shock I was in was stoping me from thinking right. Adam kissed me like never before, the kiss was gentle and desperate at the same time, he was struggling I could tell he was.

Our lips parted and our foreheads rubbed against each other. He looked me in the eyes one last time, and I saw a broken Adam so fragile and strong at the same time.

He walked away and I two seconds he was out of my sight as he entered his room as quick as an arrow. I rested my back against my closed door, looked around my room and felt something missing, not necessarily in the room but in me, I was not the same, a piece of me was missing.

So many questions going in circles in my head, why is Adam acting this way, just now that I started to open up to him. This was for real, I just lost the man I love. Wait what?! Did I just say I...... No ...... 'Yes' my subconscious said. All my life people I love leave me one way or the other, of course Adam could not be any different, that was the reason I pushed him away so much I knew this will happen.

I won't let things go down so easy, who does he thinks he is to do this without letting me express my thoughts. Fine, he wants to end this, so be it but first he will hear what I have to say, if I did something wrong he better tells me, then just then I'll go away and he'll never see me again.

I stormed out of my room and banged on his door. Adam appeared before me, his blazer and tie were gone and his shirt was untucked, I saw a class of whiskey in his hand. He was surprised to see me and all I wanted to do is kiss the hell out of him.

Finally ....End of this chapter, hope you guys liked it.

This chapter was longer than the usual, I apologize if it troubled you.

What do you think will happen now with these two? Should I just let them be together for once and for all? I will, I promise I will, but they still have a long way to go and many secrets to uncover.

Thank you for reading, I'll never stop saying how grateful of your support I am, please continue supporting and don't forget to VOTE. Your thoughts and recommendations will also be welcome.❤️