Without catching her gaze, I mumble into the towel in front of my face. "Are you talking about marital problems?" I ask, although I know all the answers for a long time - unlike the others.

Why do I have to talk to my wife about this of all things? I mean, it can hardly be more absurd and crazy. In this case I am the main actor. At this moment my compassion and my sense of injustice comes to the fore. I feel sorry for Gigi! I feel sorry for Taylor! I feel sorry for myself! What have Zayn and I just done? We force both our happiness and destroy the lives of others who don't know anything about all this. My stomach turns.

Before I can think any more about my miserable behavior, I feel Taylor's lips on my shoulders. "I am so happy that everything is fine between us. What do you think of a night by candlelight...just the two of us?" she whispers on my skin and looks at me meaningfully.

I try to avoid her advances. To be honest, I can hardly bear her tenderness anymore. Only one is in my head - my man. Strong arms shall embrace me. These gentle touches frighten me when they are not from him. My penchant for men has probably finally prevailed. I have never wanted to admit it. Zayn has brought this to light after all these years. The web of lies has been falling apart for a long time.

She feels rejected and asks again. "What do you think of our candlelight night ? Don't you feel like it or why don't I get an answer from you?

" Well, I don't know, Taylor. Let's see how it goes with Gigi, okay?", I reply and hope that she finally gives up with it. Far from it!

With her corner of her mouth dropped, she expresses her disappointment. " Great, Haz. Your enthusiasm is intoxicating.", she says sarcastically. "If you don't feel like togetherness, why don't you just tell me." , she moans and leaves the room quite annoyed.

Great. Now we soon have not only a depressed Gigi sitting at our table, but also my frustrated wife.

Around seven o'clock our neighbour arrives. With a pale face she slips into the house and seems even more fragile than usual. The quarrel she had with Zayn is written all over her face. Deep, dark bags under her eyes make her look older. She looks really miserable.

Pretty sheepish and exhausted she says: "Hello you two. Thank you for the invitation. I'm glad I can spend the evening with you. The house is so quiet and empty without him," she presses out.

She doesn't mention his name, avoids pronouncing it.

"Oh, it's no big deal, Gigi. We're happy when we have some company, aren't we, darling?", says Taylor, grazing the model's shoulder slightly with one hand.

"You look tired. You haven't been sleeping well, have you?" Taylor asks caringly and guides Gigi to the table.

Gigi doesn't answer, but just lower her eyelids.

At the sight of the poor Gigi my conscience whispers to me. When I see her sitting so abandoned and broken, I feel even worse. This heartbroken woman sits right in front of me and I am the one to blame, I become the adulterer, the coward and even worse... the liar. I wish I could take the weight off my shoulders, but I can't give up on Zayn even if I wanted to. My love is too strong; my feelings are too deep.

Silently, I eat the soup Taylor served. We are all sitting over steaming bowls and no one is speaking a word.

With squinting eyes and trembling lips Gigi tries to maintain her composure. From the corner of my eye I watch her face and facial expression. She tries to hold back tears. She is about to collapse, it comes to my mind. Her chin is already trembling violently. She can't stand the apparent idyll here.