Akira Toya x OC Sequel [Hikaru no Go]

Start from the beginning

All the major pro's will be participating in random games against each other and even Toya sensei will be playing. He won a new title recently and I have really been itching to meet him and congratulate him on it.

"Mom, I'm off to school!" I called out and my moved wished me a good day from the kitchen. I had been leaving for school early since about a week. The national school tennis league was taking place and the day after the go association festival was the final showdown between my school and the previous years champions. We had been practicing our butts off so that we could become the champions this year.

Just like usual, I caught the subway and made it to school in about 15 minutes. I took a deep breath of fresh air and walked to the tennis grounds.

>>Timeskip

My mouth was open on awe as I walked into the go association auditorium. This place was huge and filled with thousands of people!

I looked at the pass in my hands and held it out to the person standing in front of the entrance door of the auditorium. He took mine, stamped it and let me in. He handed me a brochure that had a map of the different events being held in different parts of the auditorium. And the first thing I looked for was the new pro's gaming area.

As I followed the map to that place, I saw stalls having go boards and stones. Sets that were simple an elegant, some made of  regular material that was at a nominal price and others made from casa wood just like the the ones made more than 400 years ago. They were really expensive and considered as antiques. Well, even the nominally priced ones were out of my league, but I bought a hand fan that had a painting of a go board and stones on it.

I finally made it to the pro game room and I craned my neck to look around and spot Akira. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him sitting a little away from the center and he was wearing a gray turtleneck shirt. My chest felt awkwardly tight and I could barely breathe normally. All theses years, I had seen him in pictures in the newspaper or on TV during interviews and seeing him in person now made my heart flutter in excitement.

He was playing against a git and there was a crowd of girls surrounding him and squealing with every move he played. I'm not surprised actually. He had become more handsome and mature and the way he played and put down the stones on the board was just amazing! He had a gentle smile on his face as he played a teaching game and explained some of the moved to them. I took a deep breath to ease the tightness in my chest and I walked to where he was.

When I reached the crowd, I couldn't see him anymore. More people had piled up around him and I jumped ant tried to see him. But all I could see was the top of his head. I gave an annoyed huff and tried to squeeze through the crowd. "Um, excuse me...." I said softly, but I gasped when I was shoved off by three girls. I stumbled back nut thankfully I did t fall and I looked up to see the three of them glaring. I flinched but smoothened out my clothes and stood up straight. "What do you think you're doing huh?"

"O just wanted to see Akira....I'm a fan and I'm his old friend too." I said and the three of them scoffed. "Yeah right! Like we'll believe that! Besides, why would Toya kun want to meet an ugly girl like you? You better leave when we're still being nice." They sneered and I cringed. "B-but...." "Get lost!" One of them screeched and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. My eyes stung and my chest felt tight but I turned around and walked away.

When I was a good distance from them, I gave a heavy sigh as my eyes stung. But I cleared my throat and looked around to see if I could play against someone else for the time being.....at least until Akira was sorta alone and I could talk to him. I spotted one empty seat and I composed myself before heading over. "Um, can I play a game?" I asked and the boy looked up. He was probably a few years older than me and he grinned. "Sure! Take a seat missy." He said and I sat down.