Itachi x OC [Naruto - Requested by Obito_Uchiha4213]

This one shot is requested by and dedicated to Obito_Uchiha4213! Happy Reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

I'M HOME

Moriko pov:

"Beautiful flowers as usual, Moriko chan!" "Thank you, obaasan." I smiled warmly, pushing my bangs out of my eyes.

"You really know how to grow plants so healthy! Still, haven't you considered coming to live here with us?" She asked with a toothy grin. I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "Thank you so much for your affection, obaasan. But I like living with all my friends in the forest." I rejected her offer kindly. "Hmmm, that's too bad. I was hoping you'd consider becoming my granddaughter and teaching that useless grandson of mine how to not be lazy."

"Obaasan! Stop embarrassing me!" A flustered voice rang from inside the flower shop I was standing in front of. I could only laugh as a boy about my age popped her head out, cheeks flushed darkly.

"Here's the money, dear." Obaasan handed me a bag of coins which I accepted with another smile. I bowed and then I was on my way back home.

My name is Moriko meaning child of the forest. I have knee length blonde hair and hazel color eyes. I'm 18 years old and I live by myself in a cosy cabin in the middle of the forest. I don't really know my last name because I have lived alone for pretty much my entire life. I don't know who my parents are, where I originally came from, how I ended up in the forest; nothing. But I do know that, I belonged here in the forest.

I was raised by the animals in the forest like I was their own child. It might have been a bloodline trait of the clan I was from because unlike other people, I could understand and communicate with animals. I just....understood them. They were my family and friends and so I loved to stay in the forest with them.

Another ability I had was healing and the power to nurture the living. It was a good trait because I had the ability to heal people's pains and it gave me great satisfaction to see people finally smile after healing their suffering.

When I was child, I lived like an animal. I hunted for food, I lived in clothes made from leaves, and I didn't know how to speak. But one day, obaasan had been walking through the forest to look for flowers for her flower shop and that's when she saw me. Even though I had resisted, she took me to the village, dressed me, fed me human food and slowly taught me how to talk in a language humans would understand.

Even though I had pretty much learnt how to live like a human, I wanted to live with my real family. I wanted to return to the forest, because it was my real home. Somehow I find feel like I fit in with so many humans. Of course, I returned to my family as a human but they didn't seem to mind that. Its not like I had changed.

Once I was back in the forest, I had to change a few things, especially the so called house I lived in. Thanks to the animals, I was able to set up something like a log cabin. It was a comfortable sized house with a living room, an open kitchen, a bedroom and a common bathroom. I had huge patches of flowering plants all around the cabin as well.

As time passed by, I realized that I had to start looking for ways to earn my food. I preferred cooked human food over the raw meat I had been eating all this time. I had learnt how to cook as well. Obaasan had constantly helped me with everything but I didn't want to take her help for free. She had already done so much for me....so I had decided to sell flowers that I grew and earn money to buy things that I needed on a daily basis. Obaasan, her son and daughter in law and her grandson were all really nice people and agreed to help me.

And of course as everyone heard earlier, she was bent upon having me marry her grandson. But I had refused kindly saying I wasn't ready for that kind of commitment.