Kaede Rukawa x OC [Slam Dunk - request by liyah0829]

This one shot is requested by and dedicated to liyah0829!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~

Inari pov:

The court echoed with the squeaks of sneakers on the smooth court floor along with the dribble of the basketball that shuffled between the boys playing a practice match. My eyes were focused on them, watching as they played as rigorously as they always did. It was a sight that always had me on the edge of my seat, a sense of excitement and euphoria filling me with every point that was scored.

My smile widened when Sakuragi kun did a powerful slam dunk, jumping high and showing off his skills in the game. Post another two scores by the other members of the team, the coach blew his whistle to signal the end of practice. A deep exhale left me at that, my heart calming as all the players stepped off the court and to their respective bags so they could replenish the water they had lost through profuse sweating. It was time for me to leave too, so I closed the sketchbook I had on my knees and stood. Sparing one more glance at all the players, I left the court so I could head home.

"I'm home," I called out when I stepped in through the front door of my house. I took off my shoes and placed them neatly on the floor before slipping into my house slippers.

"How was school?" Mother asked when I stepped into the dining and open kitchen.

"It was good," I answered cheerily. "We had a mock test in science class, and I got a full score."

"That's wonderful," Mother said. "What about the math competition you were talking about last week? Wasn't that today?"

"It was postponed to next week," I answered, putting away my bag in my room.

After freshening up, I joined her in the kitchen again and stole a bite of the freshly prepared dumplings she was making for dinner. That rewarded me with a sharp scolding that I only laughed at while escaping to my room to finish school work.

As someone rather studious, I sat down at my table to revise on the day's lessons before I finished my homework. There was still a little time before dinner, so I settled to read a book. Half an hour later, three curt knocks on my door interrupted my concentration. Upon answering to it, my fraternal twin brother walked in and stopped next to my table with a charming smile. He was older to me by seven and a half minutes and loved and protected me like no other.

"It's time for dinner, Riri," he said.

Nodding, I put away my book so I could follow him to the dining room. However, his staring had me stalling and asking with a curious smile, "What?"

"I saw you at the basketball court again today," he said, a hint of sadness and worry in his tone.

"I was watching the practice match. Hanamichi kun and Takenori kun were amazing," I answered, my smile still in place. "I did some sketching too. Would you like to see them?"

As I reached for my sketchbook to show Isamu, he grabbed my wrist to stop me. I met his gaze curiously, though clenched my jaw in the slightest at the solemn expression upon his face. My smile had not diminished though, not in the slightest, and my mood had remained cheerful despite knowing the reason behind Isamu's worry.

"You don't have to pretend that everything is alright all the time," he said softly.

"But everything is alright," I said, "so don't look so worried."

"Still," he mumbled, not convinced by my words.

A soft laugh left me before I freed myself from him and gave him a playful punch on the arm. "Don't be such a dark cloud. Let's go have dinner - I'm hungry."