He sat on the bed next to me, his hand moved to my cheek wiping a tear off and gently caressing my face while his eyes dug into mine.

"Tell me what's bothering you and I'll make it go away."

"You won't make this go away, you can't." I got up from the bed I had to leave this room, I was drowning in my own misery. I was all over the place, I didn't know why it hurt me so much the idea of Adam with someone else.

I ran to the door, but Adam stopped me in time and pushed my body against it and made me face him, his hands trapped me by leaning against the door one on each side next to my face. More pain came to me when our eyes meet, so I decided to avoid his gaze, I thought things will be different between us and the realization that they never will was tearing my insides apart.

"Tell me what's wrong." Adam said in a soft tone, but I wouldn't let it get to me, not this time.

How long could he keep this lie, I know everything, pretending he doesn't know what I'm talking about won't change the reality. I decided to stay quiet and not look at him, I kept my eyes in the floor. I was done going around his lies.

"Emma, will you look at me?" He demanded grabbing both my arms, he was frustrated and so I was. I don't know what got me but I slapped him, not once but a couple times.

Adam grabbed my hands and pined them against the door in order to make me stop. I was gone mad, God knows I wouldn't stop on my own. He moved his body closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"Tell me." Two words was all I needed to get my knees weak, his proximity sent shivers up and down my body.

"You want me to tell you? Fine, I'll tell you for the sake on ending this. I know you and Vivienne have a relationship, and she's pregnant you have been waiting to be together for the longest time. Adam I don't want to be in the middle of this, you don't want me, divorce me and and be happy with her. I don't care what you do just let me go."

"If Vivienne is pregnant certainly is not by me."

"How can you say that? Be a gentleman and take responsibility."

"Emma, I can't get a woman a woman pregnant if I haven't even touched her. It's been a year since I last saw her."

"That's not what she said, she's been visiting you since she got divorced."

"She told you that?" His eyebrows frowned, he looked puzzled.

"Yes."

"And you believe her."

"Yes."

"Emma don't be naive, why would I bring you here if my lover was here too? If what she said is true it would only make sense that I'll take the opportunity to be with her. You know I've been with you all the time since we came to this city, wouldn't I want to be with her the minute I stepped a foot in Brazil if we loved each other so much? She's clearly lying."

He had a point, and it made total sense. Another man would struggle to prove his point even if it was true, but not Adam, he knew what to say and when, he's extremely smart,it doesn't surprise me he's a billionaire. He had won and he knew it, and I knew he knew it by the smirk on his face. I couldn't let his victory be complete, I haven't forgotten the scene he caused at the garden, I was so embarrassed, so I said in a careless tone.

"Not that I care what you do with your life, now go of me."

"Obviously you do, you've slapped me three times. You're the only one lying here."

"I'm not lying."

"Just say it." He whispered in my ear, he was teasing me, the nerve of this man.

"Twice." I said pushing him away and walking further in the room. His eyebrows frowned not knowing what I meant.

"What?"

"I slapped you twice."

He walked to me and I saw a predator in his eyes, not a human but a lion about to devour his trapped innocent deer, I took a step back and could not take another one as his right arm wrapped around my waist violently pushing me against him, my hands landed on his hard chest, I could hear his heart pounding inside.

"You slapped me three times, and you'll be punished for that."

"What are you going to do?" I managed to say in a whisper, a shiver ran down my spine I didn't know if I was afraid or excited for what he just said.

"You'll see when the time comes my sweet Emma."

"Why are you keeping me here? I'm not pretty, I'm not bold I don't even make a good wife."

He grabbed my hand and walked, stoping in front of a long mirror, he made me stand right in front while he stood behind me. His arm rounded my waist as he gently pressed my back against his chest. Adam parted my hair to one side to have access the other side where my ear and neck begged for mercy. He ran the other hand up and down my arm, only two fingers touching me. I was melting.

"Look at yourself Emma, you're not pretty, you're beautiful and you don't need layers of makeup, jewelry or fancy clothes to be. You have a natural beauty and is so sexy on you. Your body can make any man go crazy, too bad it can only be mine.

My breathing was agitated, I was about to explode.

"Please stop." I used my last bit of strength to say this.

"Don't you ever say you're not pretty. Don't you ever compare yourself to other women, because they can't compare to you my sweet Emma."

"Enough." I murmured.

"I want you to sleep here tonight, next to me."

End of this chapter, hope you guys liked it.

Thank you for your support, I never expected to have so many reads my first book and I will mean the world if you vote, it helps the story to reach more people and it also motivates the writer. Please guys it only takes you a fraction of a second to vote at the end of each chapter.

And if some of you would give my your thoughts I'll be forever thankful, I want to know what you think of the story, what do you think will happen at the end, I don't know anything that tells me where is your mind at with this story.

You my readers are the best ! Thank you❤️