Chapter 6

Puff.

The bullet disappeared as the portal closed and Clarice has lowered her head.

Andy says in amazement "Dude, what did you just do?"

After taking a few minutes to calm her breathing she says "I don't know. I just...I used shields to close it. I didn't think it'd work but...I guess it did." in a somewhat shock and excited tone.

John says "Yeah it worked. For now." He turns around to Clarice and says "Clarice is in bad shape, that could happen again.

Marcos says "Yeah, again? If people start coming through, we're toast."

John looks at Clarice then at the mother "Hey. If we get you that medicine, can you help her from here?"

She looks at John like he's crazy. "You can't just find hydrocortisone-D at Walgreens. You have to get it to the hospital, get it in a Pyxis machine."

Marcos says "Well, then we'll take you." He turns and looks at Lauren "If this happens again, can you do... whatever it is you just did?"

Lauren looks at where the portal was and says "Yeah. I think so"

Marcos says "Good.

The mother says "No. I'm not leaving my daughter here to close..." She gestures her hands up and says "space holes."

Lauren walks towards her mother and says "Mom. It's okay. I can do this."

Her mother looks at her daughter and she seems to be pleading with her eyes.

Her mom looks down and says "Okay"

-----------------

After Marcos and the mother, who I learned name is Kate, leave people to start cleaning up after the car crash.

I try to help with my free uninjured hand.

When the room the car accident happened was relatively cleaner people started to clear out.

Andy asks "So, who is she anyway?"

John walks around the table (made of metal) that Clarice has been moved to. He says "She's a refugee, escaped from jail."

Lauren looks up from the arm of the couch she is sitting on. Her expression has a mixture of shock and worry. She says "Jail?"

John says "We found her"

"What did she do?"

"She used a portal to steal food from the back of a supermarket. Happens a lot with mutants who can't pass for humans, they can't get jobs, one thing leads to another-"

Clarice moves onto her side and purple illuminates from her hands. She struggles to breathe and I believe another portal is being formed.

John says "Hey. It's happening. Get everyone safe."

Sonya looks at the portal for a while and yells "Everyone move! Let's go!"

John runs towards the portal and says "Lauren? You got this?"

Lauren moves towards the portal while I move towards Clarice.

Clarice seems to be having a seizure every time this happens. 

I hear the police sirens on the other side of the portal while Laurens attempts to close the portal.

Everybody is now on the second floor of the building looking down at what's happening.

John says "Lauren, hurry"

Lauren gets closer to close the portal and I think I hear the cops calling more backup.